PLease help Unbrick WDTVLIVE

the place for WDLXTV-Live bugs

Re: PLease help Unbrick WDTVLIVE   

Postby Flyer » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:01 am

I will try in the evening.
I will lay out the log of loading with the USB stick and without.
Flyer
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:57 am

It's good if you can log the serial output when doing the upgrade.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby Flyer » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:27 am

many thanks!!
I have downloaded three files of an official insertion (wdtvlive+wdtvlive.fff+wdtvlive.ver) to the same USB stick where was
1.05.04_V.EXT3-BOOT_LIVE-0.5.2.2.zip [non-flash].

I have changed the version of an insertion.

when loading a player the new version was found and updating has begun.
the device has rebooted also all!

Bingo!! Jack pot! Super result!!
everything has earned!!!

unfortunately I can't lay out the log of loading as the trial period at the Private Shell program has ended.
Flyer
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:19 am

Glad to hear it works. In the future you don't need Private Shell - you can easily use Putty for both ssh and serial.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby djjimmy66 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:24 am

Hi everyone! Nothing new here so I decided to write abouit my trouble. I am a owner of a WD TV Live since 2011 and it was fine until now. When it plays .mkv files (actually I didn't tested any other) it works normally but after about 20 minutes it stops with a black screen and no responsibility - the only thing I have to do is to unplug it and plug it back. Then it's the same. I was with 1.05.04_V-WDLXTV-Live-0.5.1.11.05.04_V-WDLXTV-Live-0.5.1.1, then downgraded to 1.06.15, no change. Then I went to 1.05.04_V-WDLXTV-Live-0.5.2.2. Same troubles. I decided that the problem is in heating so I opened it expecting to see a lot of dust in it but it was clean. Removed the heater and changed the thermal paste but the problem persists. What else to do? Please help!! Thank you in advance!
djjimmy66
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Thu May 24, 2018 11:50 pm

Are you playing local files? Or through network? Try a fsck on the disk if playing locally. Can you skip 20min and it plays fine afterwards? If you're playing locally and have network attached, try to unplug network and play locally and see if it happens again. There were some DLNA problems which could cause it: http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/Superhub
mad_ady
Developer

Postby djjimmy66 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:37 am

Thank you, mad_ady! Yes, I'm talking about local .mkv files. No problems with moving forward or back, works good! But the key for solving my problem was internet cable from my router (Linksys E900). Just unplugged the cable and the box still works more than 6 hours! I can't explain it to myself why it happens but it worked! Thanks again!
djjimmy66
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Sun May 27, 2018 6:01 am

See if you can tweak DLNA settings on your router (or may be a different DLNA enabled system in your LAN)
mad_ady
Developer

Postby djjimmy66 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:33 pm

mad_ady wrote:See if you can tweak DLNA settings on your router (or may be a different DLNA enabled system in your LAN)

Thank you for the answer but I don't know what to do. Just went from the router menu, there's not such option or anything called DLNA. Meanwhile upgraded with the latest stock firmware - same thing. Maybe if I use dd-wrt firmware there may be anything about dlna?
djjimmy66
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Sun May 27, 2018 9:45 pm

What kind of router do you have? Sure, DDWRT would expose DLNA settings. Other routers use DLNA to enable port forwarding requested by applications, so look under the port forwarding section...
mad_ady
Developer

Previous

Return to Bugs