WDflix

UMSP Plugin Depot, the place for sharing plugins & info about them. No requests, just plugins/code.

Re: WDflix   

Postby roxasaur » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:51 pm

noname wrote:The plugin incorporates a minimal python interpreter (binary program) that can be incompatible with some firmware versions.

I have just played the last episode of game of thrones from icefilms (dvdrip on 180upload) with no problems.

Try to play it from the TV. If doesn't work, open an ssh session and type:

Code: Select all
cd /tmp/umsp-plugins/wdflix/Navi-X
./python2.6 CURLLoader.py  ||copyrighted content removed|| hxxp//www.navixtreme.com/proc/180upload

The output must be:

Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
Processor: phase 1 - query
URL: ||copyrighted content removed||
Processor: http://www.navixtreme.com/proc/180upload
Processor GET.read: ||copyrighted content removed||
Processor POST.read:  ||copyrighted content removed||
Processor POST.read: http://www.navixtreme.com/proc/180upload
Processor final result:
URL:  ||copyrighted content removed||
{'code': 0}

If problems persists for more users I will prepare a test video in the menu to make the debugging easier.

When I run that in SSH I get:
# ./python2.6 CURLLoader.py  ||copyrighted content removed|| http://www.navixtreme.com/proc/180upload
URL:  ||copyrighted content removed||
Processor:  ||copyrighted content removed||
Processor error: Could not parse values from initial page
{'code': 1, 'data': 'p:Could not parse values from initial page'}
Last edited by b-rad.cc on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ||copyrighted content removed||
roxasaur
n00b

Postby roxasaur » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:57 pm

Also I should note that I just got a wdtv live today and just began taking a stab at all this so it's possible there are some requirements I'm supposed to install that I'm missing or something. So far my results streaming from navi-x have been pretty troublesome.

I am a python dev, and I used to do a little php work back in the day. Once I read a little more of the wiki and get up to speed I would be happy to help contribute as this project shows a lot of promise. Any resources you guys could point me to would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Also I am noticing the audio gets out of sync with the video within 10 seconds on every video that plays. Anyone else experiencing that?
Last edited by roxasaur on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roxasaur
n00b

Postby noname » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:11 pm

The python interpreter seem to work. The problem is the file ||copyrighted content removed|| is no longer available.

Send the output fetching this one:

./python2.6 CURLLoader.py ||copyrighted content removed|| http://www.navixtreme.com/proc/billionuploads
Last edited by b-rad.cc on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noname
Developer

Postby roxasaur » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:20 pm

noname wrote:The python interpreter seem to work. The problem is the file ||copyrighted content removed|| is no longer available.

Send the output fetching this one:

./python2.6 CURLLoader.py ||copyrighted content removed|| http://www.navixtreme.com/proc/billionuploads

Yup, works as expected. Thanks.
Last edited by b-rad.cc on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roxasaur
n00b

Postby brotato » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:51 pm

*update, everything below appears irrelevant besides remote question.

seems to be doing what you want it too, with the billionuploads one below it tells me
Your ISP is caching DNS - try using 'Google's public DNS servers' If you see an ip in the address bar, simply follow THIS LINK
so obviously that's not the WDTV fault.

1.05.04_V_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.5.1.1
# cd /tmp/umsp-plugins/wdflix/Navi-X
# ./python2.6 CURLLoader.py ||copyrighted content removed|| http://www.navixtr
eme.com/proc/180upload
Processor: http://www.navixtreme.com/proc/180upload
Processor POST.read: ||copyrighted content removed||
Processor POST.read: http://www.navixtreme.com/proc/180upload
Processor final result:
{'code': 0}

this is what i get when trying that latest code you pasted, not sure its meaning but thought i'd post for feedback. it seems when i play one file through icefilms i get a file not supported trying to play the next. this happens when i press both the stop and/or back button after not letting it complete. is stop/back on remote different in use?

1.05.04_V_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.5.1.1
# cd /tmp/umsp-plugins/wdflix/Navi-X
# ./python2.6 CURLLoader.py ||copyrighted content removed|| http://www.na
vixtreme.com/proc/billionuploads
Processor: http://www.navixtreme.com/proc/billionuploads
Processor print id:
5rzyo70fbxs4
Processor error: Could not extract rand from phase 1
{'code': 1, 'data': 'p:Could not extract rand from phase 1'}
Last edited by b-rad.cc on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brotato
DLX'er

Postby noname » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:47 pm

I have problems playing videos from wating servers. Seems the player gets tired of waiting and alerts network problems.

Someone else have this problem?

Using the plugin python interpreter I have added the spanish pydowntv ( http://code.google.com/p/pydowntv/ ). Now only spanish national tv (RTVE) is supported but more channels will be available in the future.
noname
Developer

Postby brotato » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:12 am

yes, i have that problem with vidhog and the other extended wait servers. it will just go to a network connection problem screen, same with some of the extended wait stuff in the navi-x. when running a quick test with the code you provided on vidhog it said it was waiting 30 seconds and then it appeared to go through properly.
brotato
DLX'er

Postby roxasaur » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Just out of curiosity, has anyone been able to play a full tv show stably? I have been able to watch about 3/4 of a movie on noobroom before it cut out with no other issues, but every tv show I have tried to find either:
- freezes and resumes at FF speeds with no sound within 15 seconds to 5 minutes
- has audio and video get out of sync within about 15 seconds of starting playback

I'm just trying to figure if my experience is an anomaly that I should try to troubleshoot (new wdtv plus owner) or if this is kind of the status quo of the project at the moment. If I don't care about subtitles is this something that would be a good candidate for the external proxy solution?
roxasaur
n00b

Postby RavRob » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:48 pm

Not very stable ATM
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television
RavRob
Supporter

Postby brotato » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:22 pm

here are my impressions of the WDflix consolidation of icefilms since there have been massive changes from it being stand alone.

*17th champion scatterbrain edit. let me just preface this all by saying i never knew about this level of content delivery prior to owning my wdtv so it's very exciting, i've always just used usenet/torrents so that's why i'm charged. anyways browsing the icefilms forum i've noticed the alleged proprietors of 180upload/billionuploads request icefilm to change their script so users can see advertisements and they can make money or stop uploading all together, fortunately they did change and it appears all parties are satisfied with the outcome for the time being. that is why i lay most my in the moment faith with those providers, and fortunately we do not have to see those ads viewing through our tv sets.

1. 180upload is now the best source to use, always try it first, they've removed download access in place of higher quality stream capabilities via server upgrades including full 1080p from my experience. if no 180upload exists try for billionuploads as it's also quick. upload orb can also work at certain times of the day but it still seems stuck in the cottage server stage as opposed to progressing like 180/billion are trying, but all this could be attributed to your geolocation and since i'm in west coast ca on 30mb/s cable perhaps i'm just too far off their sweet spot. i've also been able to fully ffwd/rewind pause and start with 180/billion without suffering lag afterwards, but that may only be because of good fortune or strong connectivity between me and their servers.

2. vidhog is a flakey host and the purest example of cottage hosting, i expect them to abandon these files soon or even the hosting project as a whole, sometimes it will properly proceed through the wait period to a play now screen, others it will stall out to a network connection problem screen and sometimes an error fetching url screen, their hosting is quite putrid and the reason you will experience errors is on the server side and not because of nonames plugin. it has bad to ok streaming capabilities for me generally falling in the bad since most films are pure lag so i prefer the other 3 mentioned above at this point, but it may work better for others so you need to test yourself. sharebees on the other hand has never worked and i doubt it ever will, if you visit the website it's a mess to navigate in my opinion and has a strange staggered waiting period, if noname finds a fix for sharebees network connection error timeout then it may become viable but i haven't got it to work once.

3. 2shared works for me with a lot of the older movies and streams with no buffer but have apparently changed their allowed upload file size limit so it is no longer used regularly. don't even bother with rapidshare links, they reduced their bandwidth to worthless levels, worst webhost in history no doubt which is why they're still around.

4. jumbofiles and maybe one other server displays 'no processor' in the server listings if noname wanted to look into it, but even then i'm not sure about their streaming quality.

5. while the recently added folders are nice it would be great to have a sorted by date folder in the movies directory which is available on icefilms (movies/added/1) since a lot of the new movies get lost in the mess of newly added television.

6. pie in the sky wish, having a latency test for the available servers like noobroom has. if you get below 80ms on noobroom chances are you'll be able to stream the movie from start to finish. since icefilms is using the full avi/mp4 source files you will probably need at least 200kb/s to have a solid stream.

7. i strongly recommend using the stop button to exit out of your video, if it is lagging or you want to stop watching or you've finished watching every and any time i've pressed the back button on my remote it seems to exacerbate errors mentioned above directly afterwards. whenever i use stop only i seamlessly move around the menus and starting new videos. that includes if your server isn't loading try to let it finish by timing out to a network error screen before pressing back. this could be placebo but it seems to work for me.

great touch on the imdb/year/date and hd/sd quality listings for everything, i think back to the few months ago i bought this machine and realize what a score it is versus a boxee at three times the cost for similar features. best plugin by far and hopefully i can add some more feedback from my experiences with icefilms and share my navi-x experiences next, contrary to what others have said i really haven't found the plugin/wdtv to be at fault but rather the hosts and now that a few have fixed their end we see how things can work properly in a post MU era and i should note all these opinions are based on using 1.05.04_V-WDLXTV-Live-0.5.1.1 [flash]. i will post again with similar thoughts on navi-x although i'm not sure how much you can really change in there but perhaps just as a guideline if anyone else cares.
Last edited by brotato on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 17 times in total.
brotato
DLX'er

PreviousNext

Return to UMSP Plugins