Sort By Date Modified

Feature Requests and Proposals for inclusion into WDLXTV-Plus

Sort By Date Modified   

Postby Toolazy2work » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:48 pm

Hello All,
I just upgraded to WDLXTV (latest Version) and I LOVE IT. Replaced my big honkin XBMC HTPC with this little tiny device and a router (Client Bridge). However, One feature i am not seeing is changing the way the lists are organized (IE only organized by name). I was wondering if this was in the plans for any new versions. Basically my workflow goes as follows:

1) Subscribe to RSS on Torrent Site
2) Filter the RSS to only items i want (remove any 720p files)
3) Put downloaded file in desired specific subdirectory of "Shows" (../Shows/ShowName/Season X/FileName.xxx)
4)I can then see the latest retrieved show as its folder appears at the top.

If you know of how to configure this in this fashion, or if you have any information on it, It would be much appreciated. Again, thank you so much as this device has really changed the way I do home media.

Nick
Toolazy2work
n00b

Re: Sort By Date Modified   

Postby shanny » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Hallo, i am new. I have a problem with all firmwares. I stream my videos via NAS (DNS-320 - UPNP Server). My problem is, that my films are not sorted by name. Its always mixed.

Can anyone help me?

I have got WD TV Live HD with: 1.05.04_V-WDLXTV-Live-0.5.1.1

Thanks a lot!
WD TV Live HD with 1.05.04_V-WDLXTV-Live-0.5.1.1
shanny
WDTVer

Postby RMerlin » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:26 am

shanny wrote:Hallo, i am new. I have a problem with all firmwares. I stream my videos via NAS (DNS-320 - UPNP Server). My problem is, that my films are not sorted by name. Its always mixed.

Can anyone help me?

I have got WD TV Live HD with: 1.05.04_V-WDLXTV-Live-0.5.1.1

Thanks a lot!

Please do not double-post. It will only confuse everyone as people will be answering in different places. Plus, this sub-forum is for the Live Plus, not for the Live.
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider donating.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby PeterRtx » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:27 pm

While it doesn't work all that well and has some stupid limitations, you can sort by Date.

You need to have the Library turned on and enabled on the volume you are viewing. Then just press the Sort/Filter button (red B on remote). You should see a bunch of options for sorting and filtering.

As best I understand this, the system is using a version of SQLite (rather poorly) to store meta data including file/folder dates. That is actually what the Media Library is, but this feature is only available when the Library function is engaged. Otherwise the B button does nothing. There are, however, one or two things that might not be obvious at first glance.

1.) Sort descending by date works by date but not time. That is to say that it sorts by the date in descending fashion but time is still ascending. So it is really more of a Group by date thing...

2.) The date the system uses is NOT the "modified date", but rather the "create date". So when it comes to folders it is nearly useless unless your directly modify the folders create date each time you add content to the folder. I've been meaning to write a utility to walk the folder tree and reset each folder's create date to the newest media file's date it contains, but I run with the painfully slow Media Library turned off so much I may never get around to it.

Now, all that being said, MY request would be that it is worth changing the date value it uses to be the modified date for folders. Not to mention that it would be really useful if that feature (among others) was NOT dependent on the Media Library.
PeterRtx
n00b

Postby recliq » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:20 am

@PeterRtx: I think you are talking about a differrent device! Live and Live Plus remote don't even have those colored buttons. :ugeek: The only red button is the POWER button. :lol:
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Return to Requests