blazingangel1986 wrote:Hi im glad to see somebody figured out how to get thumbGen working i have some questions that may sound silly but bare with me a little please.
>>>here<<< at the homepage there are two osd mod versions * version app.bin and * version installable the latter of wich i figured is flashed directly to my WDHDTV 1ST GEN and i have flashed it.
2. by flashing that particular osd f/w [if thats what its called im new to this] do i have to have any particular bin files on my 2gb flash drive.
3. I already know how to use the actual program thumbgen awesome btw but i cant see the movie sheets at all is this because i need a wired or wireless usb adaptor to ssh into the drive and configure something
4. i don't have any of the latter the wireless adapters i do have i don't believe they are compatible
5. I'm at a complete lost as to what is next i havent slept belive it or not have been sort of obsessed with getting this to work, can somebody help me out step by step with some details so i dont get lost along the way tvixie has proven to be a migrane theres no getting over. I'm hoping to succeed with thumbgen with your help
so first let me confirm that you have a gen1 wdtv?
it's been quite some time since I did anything with gen1
2. the OSD you flashed is just that, only the on screen display, if memory serves me you will need an additional app.bin on a flash drive to have moviesheets on gen1- back in the day I used laurentg.app.bin and with all my movies in separate folders sheets were named wd_tv.jpg
try following this http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=1039.0