[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Password Reset Tool - Lose access to webend

General homebrew discussion area

Postby red_sound » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:54 pm

Hey recliq,

I wanted to let you know about curious behavior when I use the pw-reset tool, maybe it's normal - you tell me.

Here is the scenario:

1. I have 105021 (latest) loaded on Plus flash, I have no password set on telnet, and default on webend.
2. When testing 106 beta (boot to root.bin) with mad_ady, it seems to break the link with telnet password (this is already being worked on by mad_ady), but here's where things get interesting.
3. I boot back to 105021, I can log in to webend still, but not telnet (as mentioned) - so I start the webend addons manager and install the pw-reset tool to USB.
4. After I hit apply, I loose access to webend, but I'm able to get into telnet with no password.
5. Webend keeps asking for a password, but the default doesn't work.
6. If I restart the Plus (boot in to 105021 with pw-reset enabled on USB still), then I'm able to get back into telnet and webend.
7. After the restart, I'm able to disable the tool and webend/telnet stay as is (defaults).

Is that the intended behavior (getting kicked out of webend)?

Cheers,

Red
red_sound
DLX'er

Re: Password Reset Tool - Lose access to webend   

Postby recliq » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:43 am

­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (, , ) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby red_sound » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:09 am

Ok, I had a perfect scenario to test this just now as I had rebooted back to 1.05 after testing 1.06 beta and I had been locked out of telnet...

I had already enabled the tool - is this the right version? It's what I see in Addons Manager...

Password Reset?
Version 0.0.1
2012-04-01 recliq Main This application will reset your telnet and weblogin passwords back to default in case you locked yourself out.

Anyway - I thought because it was less-invasive, I would try the service restart first, it didn't work.

Then, from CLI, I tried the webend reset, set my old PW back up and BAM! Back in to webend without having to restart the WD Plus.

Hope this info helps and thanks for the info. Let me know if you need something else tested.

Cheers,

Red
red_sound
DLX'er

Postby red_sound » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:20 am

red_sound
DLX'er

Postby red_sound » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:56 am

Last edited by red_sound on Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
red_sound
DLX'er

Postby mad_ady » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:32 am

It would appear that your password gets reset to: 5c436a71d934af468cd1d03fec51642e. You can boot the 1.06 image, and run "login" and try to login with that, just to confirm if this is true...
mad_ady
Developer

Postby red_sound » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:55 am

red_sound
DLX'er

Postby mad_ady » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:37 am

Now the whole internet knows your super secret root password. You're doomed! :lol:
mad_ady
Developer

Postby red_sound » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:29 am

I heard about this new thing called a firewall, I hear it helps with security, I should prolly get one of those... ;)
red_sound
DLX'er

Postby kroetkroet » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:21 am

Naah, mad_ady doesn't require firewalls, he has 9 lives, just like cats :lol:

WDLXTV-fan! - In case you need further assistance: read our , search our and most of all: for his great efforts!!!
kroetkroet
Beta Tester

Return to WDTV G2 & WDTV Live homebrew discussion