New User Trying To Configure WDLXTV

Discussion, features, plugins--everything about zoster's UMSP UPnP Media Server software

Re: New User Trying To Configure WDLXTV   

Postby KAD » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:41 pm

If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby mad_ady » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:59 pm

The suggestion I gave was meant for eskay, who is a plugin developer. That code could be added to plugins to help solve some of the confusion. But the bottom line is if you want to use wdlxtv to its full potential, you will need to read the wiki and browse the forum. There are some unofficial video guides, but reading will give you the most up to date information.

WDLXTV is not such a big community as the iphone/xda-developers community, so it's less noob-friendly due to the lack of man-power to make it noob-friendly.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby eskay » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:43 am

mad_ady wrote:@eskay: I have a suggestion to help with dependencies. In plugins which need external components (another plugin or an app.bin), inside _pluginMain() you can simply check for the file you're going to use. E.g:
Code: Select all
if(! -f "/tmp/umsp-plugins/dailymotion/dailymotion.php"){
   //return an error message onscreen
}

@mad_ady Thanks for the suggestion. I will include this in the plugin.
@aamer: If you visit the plugin links it will give you the basic info to run the plugin http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4958
eskay
Developer

Previous

Return to UMSP Media Server