UMSPProxy 1.0 - Virtual Machine proxy

Discussion, features, plugins--everything about zoster's UMSP UPnP Media Server software

Re: UMSPProxy 1.0 - Virtual Machine proxy   

Postby mad_ady » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:10 pm

shunte wrote: note I'm not concluding that from the number of hits on th YJ post that just means there are a whole bunch of pervs using the interpipes :lol:

I think most of the hits (on all the threads) are because of RSS clients which take in all the content. Don't know how often they do it, but it would account for the high numbers.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby b-rad.cc » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:51 pm

rss doesnt affect hit count, its completely separate.
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby mad_ady » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:55 pm

Oh, didn't know that... Then Shunte is right... there are a lot of pervs out there :P
mad_ady
Developer

Postby b-rad.cc » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:05 pm

this is the interweb, where the only thing there is more abundance of than pr0n is links to pr0n. :lol:
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby KAD » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:43 am

KAD wrote:
It sounds freakishly technical

virtual machine :?
proxy :o

the n00bs are running for the hills, lol

I doubt, that I'll get to this for at least a week
but when I do, maybe I should write up that tutorial as well

KAD

I finally had a few minutes to take a look at this, after going through it, I'm not sure that any tutorial is needed
I followed the read me and was up and running is just a few minutes
it was sooo simple, if anybody actually reads the REAMme they should do just fine

KAD
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby junglistknot » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:06 pm

I would love to give this a shot with the seeon.tv streams but cant seem to download the whole file for free from the given filehoster. Would someone be kind enough to upload to megaupload.com? I have some experience with running virtual machines and think I might be able to get the seeon.tv streams to work. Thank you in advance.
junglistknot
n00b

Postby pobs123 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:59 pm

I currently have a firewall (an instance of IPCop) running between the WDTV Live unit, and the Windows 7 box hosting the VM for the UMSP Proxy.

I have opened TCP Port 80 on the firewall, but apparently it is not sufficient. I tested it with YouJizz. Most videos worked prior to adding the proxy in the WEC. However, once I added the URL as the YOUJIZZ_PROXY in the WEC, the videos stopped worked. It never started playing or displayed an error. I looked at the WEC to see what the state of the device was, and it said "TRANSITIONING". I removed the reference to the proxy and the videos started working again.

I tried accessing the VM using "wget" from the WDTV Live unit, and I properly got the default Apache page, so TCP port 80 - it definitely open. Please let me know if I need to open any other TCP or UDP ports.

My URL for proxy was: "http://192.168.0.195/proxy.php" and the wget command I tested successfully was: "wget http://192.168.0.195/".

Thanks.
pobs123
Supporter

Postby mad_ady » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:23 am

Make sure the proxy has access to the internet. You can log in into the VM and try to do a wget to make sure it can download content from the net.
Assuming it can, try with a different plugin (that uses the same proxy), just to be sure it can decode things correctly. I've seen certain versions of ffmpeg crash with certain flv files...
mad_ady
Developer

Postby pobs123 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:51 am

mad_ady:

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Although the proxy did have internet access, it was not resolving DNS. It seems that when I created the static DHCP lease, I picked an old AT&T DNS Server that was no longer active. So I picked a different AT&T Server, and added "8.8.8.8" as the secondary DNS server - and it is working fine.
pobs123
Supporter

Postby Dzidza1978 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:13 pm

Hi guys,
First, thanks for this. I am completely noob regarding this. I installed Live tv plugin, and used this UMTSProxy. Install VM and did everything as said in the READ me file and entered proxy IP into LIve tv settings, rebooted. I started to play Live tv but the problem occured. It starts to stream, and I get only 8-10sec of stream. It usually stops at intro screen "Future of internet HD steaming".

Any help would be much appreciated :-)

Thanks in advance.

Dzidza1978
Dzidza1978
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to UMSP Media Server