[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Problem with NFS share on windows7 ultimate

Problem with NFS share on windows7 ultimate

The place for n00b questions, anything goes...no n00b too n00bish.

Re: Problem with NFS share on windows7 ultimate   

Postby KAD » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:55 am

If you like my work please consider a Donation.
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions!
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby ripper2860 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:02 am

Last edited by ripper2860 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
WDLXTV Supporter
ripper2860
Supporter

Postby leonardus » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:25 am

To all people who have contributed to the problem I had to solve, it is fixed!! I will explain how. With all things we have tried it was clear that everything did work fine in xp. So it would be a problem in windows7. Today me and a colleague looked at all the settings in the firewall windows7. I didn'n now that windows 7 has 3 options in the advanced settings, a domain profile, a public profile and a private profile. All settings must be set to off (disabled). After i did this remote via rdp, one of the first things I did after I came home was to try it out. After a litle change in the haneWin export-file (ad -public) I started up the wdtv, amazing, it works!!

Hanewin exports:
j:\Muziek -name:Muziek -public
j:\Fotoos -name:Fotoos -public
j:\Films -name:Films -public

Thank you all for your time, a special thanks to KAD, Ripper2860, Refdrew and B-rad.cc, you have spend a lot off time to help me out.
I hope that every windows7 owner in combination with the hanewin nfs-server and wdlxtv can learn something about it.
leonardus
WDTVer

Postby ripper2860 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:28 pm

That's GREAT!!!! Glad you got it sorted out.

BTW -- I have Windows Firewall enabled and it works fine once all of the needed ports are opened. But hey, you know it works and Windows Firewall is OVER_RATED anyway. ;)
Last edited by ripper2860 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WDLXTV Supporter
ripper2860
Supporter

Postby RevDrew » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:12 pm

that's great news, congrats!

I only added an exception for nfs in the firewall (just the home section) and that was all I had to do..
strange though as you said your firewall was off and it wasn't working, if it was off according to what you just posted, it 'should' have worked fine..

weird windows stuff I guess..
namaste
RevDrew™

WDTV with: 1.03.01_B-RAD.CC_WDLXTV-0.5.8.1 *wireless* DWA-140
WDTV Live: new, still in the box & unopened
2 X WDTV Live Plus with: 1.05.04_B_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_PLUS-0.5.1.1: 1 wired, 1 *wireless* DWA-140

http://www.supernews.com/super-special/?i=ZxJfObJynPQ=
RevDrew
Donor

Postby rheo » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:00 am

rheo
n00b

Postby leonardus » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:36 pm

You have to set up a new post, good luck
leonardus
WDTVer

Postby gallo » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:53 am

Hi ho
ok time for me to interject my 2 cents
my box windows 7 ultimate with a wdtv plus
NFS works fine this is all u need to do
fire up hanewin and set your shares up correctly eg. (in my particular setup i chose to just share the entire machine makes it easier for me)
F:\ -name:F
E:\ -name:E
C:\ -name:C
D:\ -name:D
restart the server
head on over to wdtv i used flashfxp use whatever makes your schmekle hard.
goto the /tmp/conf folder and edit the cifs-interceptor file, mine looks like this
//192.168.0.100/C:|192.168.0.100:/C C-NFS|
//192.168.0.100/D:|192.168.0.100:/D D-NFS|
//192.168.0.100/E:|192.168.0.100:/E E-NFS|
//192.168.0.100/F:|192.168.0.100:/F F-NFS|

execute these commands
config_tool -c CIFSINTERCEPTOR=on
config_tool -s
reboot restart everything works
ya dont need xmount and ya dont need net.mount

obviously you need to edit the links for your particular situation and your ip address
lemme know if this helps anyone
I plan on being kicked off in the near future :o
gallo
Donor

Postby Viper780 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:08 am

any one tried freenfs from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/freenfs/ ?

i've a win7 prof 64bit and somtimes it works but most of the time i cant connect
Viper780
n00b

Postby RMerlin » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:36 pm

I just gave it a quick try. Took less than five mins to install it (205 KB... Damn. That's tight for a Windows application), create an xmount, and copy a test file between the PC and the WDTV. Worked pretty well for me.

If you are using a firewall other than Windows's Firewall, double check its configuration.
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider .
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

PreviousNext

Return to n00b central