*Updated 06/10/2011* EYE CANDY with MenuSheets v 2.0

Anything and everything related to OSD modifcation & theming.

*Updated 06/10/2011* EYE CANDY with MenuSheets v 2.0   

Postby KAD » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:21 pm

Release of version 2.0
http://www.mediafire.com/?ltcnjq8nx279vd4

First off I'd like to extend my thanks to those that have helped put this together. Recliq, for the js work he's done and of late the great coaching he's given me on how to update the plugins used. Brad continued help and don't forget suniloffline. sunil is the creator of nearly all images used, including all the colorschemes, without his effort this would not exist.

So without further adu. The Menusheet plugin has been updated, for those updating, you should remove the old Menusheet plugin prior to upgrade. The Upgrade includes some major features 1. the plugin is now self contained within the osd.bin, the osd.bin will enable the plugin by default, and even set the default MENUSHEETDIR for you. so what does this mean for you. I've done everything for you. Just boot with the osd.bin on the root of your drives and everything will be functional. For those that have their own menusheets, the default path is only entered if on boot there is no path at all. I've also added an onscreen debugging feature for anybody that has custom menus

Big change number 2. New plugin which is enabled by default and located inside the osd.bin allows changing of colorschemes from within the osd.bin and without needing a reboot. I do need to let you know that on occaison dmaosd cashing can be a little unpredicable, but most of the time, colorscheme change is very fast, once you start navigating the menu's

We've also added a Blue color Scheme to choose from.

Other big news for future versions, while not ready for release, we have figured out how to have MenuSheets on 1.05.04 firmwares without needing any plugins, so shortly around the corner you'll have menusheets on all firmware versions. And curtesy of B-rad even a little automagic to go along with it :mrgreen:

Change Log
June 10 2011 Eye Candy with MenuSheets v2.0
*blue color scheme added
*integrate menusheet plugin inside osd.bin
*add automatic setting of default MENUSHEETDIR
*add debug option for those with custom menu's
*new plugin to change color scheme from within osd (also integrated inside osd.bin)
*fix loading media library images
*merge all needed 1.05.04 based images & xml for use in future versions
*add a couple menusheets, and adjust naming conventions

April 30 2011 EYE CANDY with MenuSheets v1.8
*first selectable color scheme
*music players (including pandora,live365,shoutcast)
*lots of misc fixes and updates
*temporarily removed additional list view sheet image due to conflicts

April 7 2011 EYE CANDY with MenuSheets v 1.6
*Youtube interface
*File Manager
*Flickr
*lots of small updates, eject hdd, network set up .. etc

Feb 26 2011 EYE CANDY with MenuSheets v 1.5
*icons for media library enabled
*minor .js & MENUSHEETDIR edits
*video info screens
*photo info screens
*nearly every browser mode combination (including all sheet modes, list, thumbnail, preview modes and their respective options)
*extended the look and feel of menu's to nearly every part of OSD
*compatible with internal MediaMark Plugin
*Loading Image

Jan 16 2011 EYE CANDY with MenuSheets v 1.1
*first fully functional release

Nov 7 2010 EYE CANDY with MenuSheets v 1.0
*proof of concept

YouTube Video

Boot

Optional ColorSchemes
Image Image
Menu's
Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Browser Modes

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Other
Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Background Themes
Video - Cars
Photo's - Photography
Music - Music
Settings - Planets
WDTVext - Scifi
DoSomething - Tron
Tools - Linux
Weather - Weather
plugin & script pages - abstract

Requirements
WDTV Live
WDLXTV Firmware based on 1.02.21
wdtvext enabled

Installation
http://www.mediafire.com/?ltcnjq8nx279vd4
Place "EYE_CANDY_2_0.osd.bin" at root of thumbdrive
Reboot

Please feel free to replace any menusheet you desire. that's the point. you can choose images to suit your taste, just pay close attention to the file names used, correct dimensions for menusheets are 1100 x 565 , also I recommend keeping the size at 200kb or lower, larger file sizes take considerable time to load and it will be very noticeable

Prior Releases
version 1.8 http://www.mediafire.com/?uh8gbvph828o11y
version 1.6 http://www.mediafire.com/?75xlnq5uesshba8
version 1.5 http://www.mediafire.com/?evofn880ffvgnl2
version 1.1 http://www.mediafire.com/?5cao8cui5xynwua
version 1.0 http://www.mediafire.com/?u50i5cht4aynl8h

Additional Items
For those of you that use the DJArty's weather plugin
an .xml to adjust text placement onscreen with this osd mod
http://www.mediafire.com/?r6ai6s5ggq37z8v

KAD
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Re: EYE CANDY with MenuSheets   

Postby migube » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:23 pm

Nice ! :)
-----
WdTvLive - LG BD390 - Philips 47PFL8404h - Yamaha RXV-667 - DM7000 - Synology 107+ - HP Touchpad (Webos)
migube
Global Moderator

Postby KAD » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:56 am

Bump, initial release, see first post has been updated.

KAD
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby ripper2860 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:31 pm

KAD --

Awesome!! Can't wait to give it a test drive!!

BTW -- As it relates to Shoutcast or Pandora, etc., would the MENUSHEET/Background persist while a STATION is being selected and music playing or is it just tied to the OSD menu? It would be sweet if the "Music" background became the Background for the Pandora and Shoutcast/Live365 players as well.

Again -- thanks!!
WDLXTV Supporter
ripper2860
Supporter

Postby KAD » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:42 pm

ripper2860 wrote:KAD --

Awesome!! Can't wait to give it a test drive!!

BTW -- As it relates to Shoutcast or Pandora, etc., would the MENUSHEET/Background persist while a STATION is being selected and music playing or is it just tied to the OSD menu? It would be sweet if the "Music" background became the Background for the Pandora and Shoutcast/Live365 players as well.

Again -- thanks!!

it's tied to the menu's, so while you are browsing stations in shoutcast or live 365 etc, villa_bg.jpg is the background you'll see, same goes for anything else that isn't considered a menu

KAD
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby ripper2860 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:07 pm

Gotcha. Shame there's no easy way to assign separate backgrounds while in different categories (VIDEO / PHOTOS/ MUSIC) and have the category specific images rotate in as the DEFAULT background.

I like the concept of Menusheets, however and will definitely be giving it a try.

Thanks KAD -- for this and all you do here at the forum.
WDLXTV Supporter
ripper2860
Supporter

Postby ripper2860 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:33 pm

KAD --

I installed Eye Candy per the included README and it worked just as advertised. Background changed with every menu. Pretty cool.

Moving about seemed a little "laggy" at times and maybe it's just me being an "old dog", but the navigation is not as intuitive. You REALLY have to know and have memorized the WD OSD MENU layout to get moving around confidently. I'll play around with it some more -- but initially, it looks very promising!!
Last edited by ripper2860 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
WDLXTV Supporter
ripper2860
Supporter

Postby KAD » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:23 pm

thanks for the feedback ripper

I've got some stuff planned to address the menu navigation issue

as for the lag, I've gotten used to it, and I'm not sure what else can be done to speed it up yet
believe it or not it's better now than in the video posted, in the video my images where approx 400kb each, in the download I shrank them to approx 200kb, it was a noticeable difference, but how much smaller can I got and not loose the quality, anyways, it is something that's still on my mind

on another note, the plugin included in the download will work with any osd.bin
you can also change or remove any of the included backgrounds, just pay attention to the naming and the file size must be smaller than 512kb, same as moviesheets

KAD
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby kami » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:04 am

Great MOD Kad i really like the idee. Could it also be possible to choose a folder per catagorie so the background can rotate with pictures from that folder.
kami
n00b

Postby ripper2860 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:17 am

KAD wrote: ... on another note, the plugin included in the download will work with any osd.bin
you can also change or remove any of the included backgrounds, just pay attention to the naming and the file size must be smaller than 512kb, same as moviesheets
KAD

Hmmmm. Any OSD.BIN?? That's got me curious -- anyway to keep the default WD OSD and use MENUSHEETS?

Yeah -- I found a few of my own backdrops and substituted them in the sheets folder. Didn't think to verify the size or resolution. They are 1280x720 and about 560KB each. Maybe I should reduce their resolution or the DPI (72DPI right now)??
WDLXTV Supporter
ripper2860
Supporter

Next

Return to WDTV G2 & WDTV Live Theming