It works by mounting ftp accounts as if they were regular drives. Additionally, if you use my ddclient plugin, your drives will be accessible even if you are outside your home network:
* Log into your WDTV using telnet or ssh. Create a new user on your wdtv for each of your drives using the following command:
- Code: Select all
adduser -h /path/to/your/drive/root some_username
* Start Netdrive. Click "Add new site". Enter the IP address of your WDTV on your home network or, if you are using the ddclient plugin, enter the domain name that you have registered with DynDNS for your WD TV.
* uncheck "anonymous/public logon". Enter the username and password that you created for the first user in the last step. Under "Drive:", choose, the drive letter that you want that account to show up as in Windows Explorer.
* Click "connect". Your drive should now show up in Windows Explorer.
* Repeat the last three steps for each of your drives.