How to use UMSP plugins

General WDLXTV-Gen3 forum

How to use UMSP plugins   

Postby wishmaster » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:15 am

Hello everyone!

Ive installed some plugins on Homebrew webend...but i dont know how to use them...where should this plugins appear? im lostt...
Tnx fot the help!
wishmaster
n00b

Re: How to use UMSP plugins   

Postby mad_ady » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:45 pm

If you enabled the plugins and enabled UMSP you should be able to use them by browsing via the OSD into Movies -> Media Servers -> UMSP
mad_ady
Developer

Postby wishmaster » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:12 am

mad_ady wrote:If you enabled the plugins and enabled UMSP you should be able to use them by browsing via the OSD into Movies -> Media Servers -> UMSP

Thank you for your answer, at the time i figured that too :)
I have another question.....is there any UMSP repository with the plugins,or somethibng similar? Beacuse 90% of the plugins on webend doesnt work......
Thank you!
wishmaster
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:06 am

That's the repository, and yes, most of them are unmaintained and broken. The best way to see what works and what doesn't is to enable UMSP_STATISTICS and look via Addons -> UMSP. Here you'll get a "health" of the plugin - the number of users that have recently used a plugin, to get an idea of what's working/popular.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby theanthonyterry » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:25 pm

Hi fellow members, I just acquired the gen 3, installed the latest wdlxtv firmware successfully, but have no idea where to begin with adding apps from the umsp site. I have been using a roku for some time and have mastered it, this is far different and I,m not having much luck as a beginner. Please point me in the right direction, I would like to add movie4k and others to my new set top box. I stummbled across this but doesnt help me either http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/UMSP - Thanks Anthony
theanthonyterry
n00b

Return to Discussion