xmount

General WDLXTV-Gen3 forum

xmount   

Postby ZeeRuX » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:07 am

Is this the same firmware for gen 3 as for gen 2? I use xmount and wanna know if its any point changeing up from gen 2 to gen 3?

(I posted some hour ago but I cant find the post now)
ZeeRuX
DLX'er

Re: xmount   

Postby KAD » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:41 am

no gen2 and gen3 are different devices

gen3 does include a modified version of xmount
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby ZeeRuX » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:31 am

Ah oki. Thx. Just one more question then. Is it worth "upgrading" to gen 3 instead of gen 2? (since my gen 2 is a bit slow scrolling, maybe gen 3 is quicker) (I dont use anything else than xmount)
ZeeRuX
DLX'er

Postby KAD » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:33 pm

I wouldn't recommend upgrading to gen3 at this point, it's already EOL
gen4 is available, but I don't recommend it either

with what is currently on the market, NVidia shield tv running kodi is probably the best bet, if you're looking to upgrade
I've been meaning to pick one up myself, just been too busy
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby ZeeRuX » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:40 pm

Ah well.... I have a Popcorn Hour A-410 that is out of the question excellent and support all 3D that I run on my projector.. The WD Tv Live is just for my bedroom.. But in my bedroom I dont care about thumbs/fanarts/etc I just wanna have a list with all my 1300+ movies and that is what wdlxtv on my gen 2 delievers but it is so daaaamn slow scrolling =) and now Ive got my hands on a gen 3 for a cheap price (30 euros) so I thought it might be sliiiight better =).. But next week I will also recieve a Popcorn Hour Chameleon with android that im not that amused about since WD Tv is so damn easy to use.. Power on, 10 sek, than choose your folder with movies..

On these "modern players" (not A-410 since its AWSOME) you have to store your movies in each and own folder and you have to save pictures in every map (maybe on wd tv also) and i dont like kodi since on my 1300 movies there was about 140 mistakes even though I have named every movie name.name(YEAR)[whatereverhere].mkv(or.iso)... Popcorn Hour delievers it EASY as hell on your PC and since Im sitting on the pc (well, actually on a chair) almost every day, its very easy to edit if some name or info is wrong on some movie.. On PCH I can also have several different maps, (new, archive, etc) without problem. On Kodi its just like it wants all movies in one library. So, even though I have tried about 20 different brands for my bedroom, I still like gen 2 =))
ZeeRuX
DLX'er

Return to Discussion