2.02.32-WDLXTV_Gen3-0.1.6 Discussion - 03/15/2015

General WDLXTV-Gen3 forum

Re: 2.02.32-WDLXTV_Gen3-0.1.6 Discussion - 03/15/2015   

Postby KAD » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:52 pm

if all you want is moviesheets
go ahead and set the THEME_PATH under WDLXTV
then leaving the thumbdrive plugged in, set the device back to stock operating mode and reboot
going this route, moviesheets will need to be stored inside the theme, you should be able to follow the GBBM Guide regarding naming coventions for sheets
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby masty » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:23 am

Sorry KAS, I'm a little confused.

go ahead and set the THEME_PATH under WDLXTV

Does this basically mean boot up the theme as usual (from the usb) ?

then leaving the thumbdrive plugged in, set the device back to stock operating mode and reboot

What exactly does this mean? How do I do it?

Thanks for your help so far
masty
WDTVer

Postby masty » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:02 am

Okay

I booted up the GBBM theme from my thumbdrive as usual.

Ran win-homebrew-stockify.bat & rebooted.

But now I don't have the GBBM theme or moviesheets just the default theme.

Did I do something wrong?
masty
WDTVer

Postby KAD » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:46 am

masty wrote:
Did I do something wrong?

you did not set the THEME_PATH, this is done on the webend or via telnet
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby masty » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:16 am

you did not set the THEME_PATH, this is done on the webend or via telnet

How do I do this? (Sorry to be a pain)
masty
WDTVer

Postby KAD » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:42 am

KAD wrote:this is done on the webend or via telnet
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby masty » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:36 am

KAD wrote:
KAD wrote:this is done on the webend or via telnet

But I don't know how to do that.

I tired to access via the IP address of my SMP but they wouldn't allow me to open telnet or webend (page wouldn't load and something about Java out of date despite me updating it).

I am now trying to follow these instructions from the other forum but am not having much luck:

1.extract the contents of the "WDTV-SMP-CUSTOM_TELNET.zip" file somewhere on your computer
2.get a USB drive and create a directory at the top to hold whatever theme you eventually want to use. (ex: I created ".wdtv_themes" NOTE: I created it with a "." as the first character so that the WDTV won't show it as a browsable folder. If you want to do that you have to do it using MKDIR at a DOS prompt. Windows Explorer won't let you create directories beginning with a "." since server 2003 I think)
3.attach the USB drive with your new theme directory to your WDTVLive SMP and turn it on
4.pull up a browser window and put in the IP address of your WDTVLive SMP (on your SMP go to SETUP > ABOUT and you'll see the IP listed as "Network Info", default login password is "admin"
5.In your browser that you've now logging in to the WDTVLive SMP pick Appearance > Browse, pick the one of the 3 extracted files called "WDTV-SMP-OPENTELNET.zip" and "Submit"
6.Now the theme that will allow you to trigger launching telnet is in place
7.Go back to the files you extracted and run "win-WDTV-SMP-OPENTELNET-telnet.bat"
8.You'll be prompted to enter the ip address of your WDTVLive SMP, enter that address (ex: 192.168.1.56) and press enter
9.Follow the prompts (just pressing any key). If everything went ok you should see a "telnet daemon launched!" message. Press any key to advance and the window will close
10.Now you've temporarily got telnet running on the WDTVLive SMP so telnet into your WDTVLive SMP (ex: bring up a command window START > ALL PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > COMMAND PROMPT)
11.log in (ex: "telnet 192.168.1.56" without quotes)
12.type "df" without quotes
13.you should see a list of paths with one on the right under "Mounted on" that begins "/tmp/media/usb/" and then continues on. That's what you're looking for. If you have only one USB drive plugged in then you should only see one of these rows.
14.write down that full path. (ex: for the drive I'm using for testing it's "/tmp/media/usb/USB1140/ECE6-85C3/")
15.So now you want to tell WDTVLive SMP to start looking for a theme in the new directory you created in step 2. For me that path is "/tmp/media/usb/USB1140/ECE6-85C3/.wdtv_themes" but just pop whatever directory you created on the USB for your themes in step 2 onto the end of whatever path you found in step 13.
16.Now in telnet type "config_tool -c THEME_PATH=" without quotes followed by that path and press enter. Ex: for me that's "config_tool -c THEME_PATH=/tmp/media/usb/USB1140/ECE6-85C3/.wdtv_​themes"
17.go ahead and type "exit" without quotes and press enter to exit telnet
18.Go to your WDTVLive SMP and go to Settings>System and then go down to "Device Restart" but don't pick it yet. Just have it ready to go.
19.launch windows explorer, got to network, find your WDTVLive ("WDTVLIVE" if you didn't change the name). Pick it and click to go into it and you should see what's at the top of your USB drive (for me that's my new themes directory ".wdtv_themes")
20.Get whatever theme you want to use and extract it to your computer. Then copy the contents of the extracted file to your new USB theme directory (".wdtv_themes" for me). What you should be copying is a bunch of .xml files and maybe some subdirectories.
21.After the files finish copying grab your remote and pick "Device Restart" since you're got it sitting there ready to go from step 18.

22.When your WDTVLive SMP comes back up it should be running your new theme FROM your USB drive. Now you've gotten around that terrible 30MB limit so load up whatever huge theme floats your boat or do what I did and turn off the media library and start making a million linksheets that can now be easily dropped right in.
masty
WDTVer

Postby mad_ady » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:26 pm

mad_ady
Developer

Postby masty » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:25 am

I am having trouble with the above guide.

I have successfully followed all of the steps until I get stuck at step 16 (when setting the theme path).

After attempting to set the theme path I reboot my SMP it is still at the default theme.

When I look under 'appearance', it states my theme path that I entered in Command Prompt.

I think that I may be entering the theme path slightly wrong.

My USb is identified as: /tmp/media/usb/USB210/4489-F8EA

The folder that I created on my USB was: wdtv_​themes

So I assumed my theme path would be: config_tool -c THEME_PATH=/tmp/media/usb/USB210/4489-F8EA.wdtv_​themes

However, this doesn't seem to work.

Any help?
masty
WDTVer

Postby KAD » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:44 am

your path is not correct

your missing a /
Code: Select all
THEME_PATH=/tmp/media/usb/USB210/4489-F8EA.wdtv_​themes

should probably be
Code: Select all
THEME_PATH=/tmp/media/usb/USB210/4489-F8EA/.wdtv_​themes
KAD
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion