[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Gen3 boot problem

Gen3 boot problem

General WDLXTV-Gen3 forum

Re: 2.02.32-WDLXTV_Gen3-0.1.5 Discussion - 12/9/2014   

Postby warrior6 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:20 pm

I think I'll try to use this custom firmware for a while.
I mainly use the WD to play videos from a usb HD, if the videos play fine and there aren't issues with them I'm fine.

One last thing:

how can I use custom themes?
What's the correct way to do that?
warrior6
DLX'er

Postby KAD » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:30 pm

because the firmware is so old you'll find there's no way to upload a theme (the normal way)

your only option is to put the theme on a thumbdrive
then manually via telnet set the path for THEME_PATH
to the location you've stored the theme
then reboot

this is not at all ideal, any selecting themes from the gui will undo your cmd's
but it does work
If you like my work please consider a Donation.
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions!
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby warrior6 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:55 pm

I was thinking...
What if I push the reset button now that i can boot with the custom firmware?
Or if I restore everything from the setting menu
of the WD?
Is it risky?
Is there anything I can do from the WDLXTV Configuration web interface?
I see these options:
-Manually enter a config setting.
-Download complete backup of the /conf folder.
-Upload and restore a complete configuration backup.
-Restore WDLXTV settings to Factory Defaults.
-Reset EVERYTHING to Factory Defaults

I understand about the themes.
Do you know the commands to use in telnet to upload the theme?
warrior6
DLX'er

Postby KAD » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:19 am

PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby warrior6 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:53 am

warrior6
DLX'er

Postby KAD » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:23 pm

KAD
Global Moderator

Gen3 boot problem   

Postby warrior6 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:29 pm

It says:

invalid xenv2_file (/tmp/zenv.d8m5ix)
/bin/setxenv2str.bash failed.
warrior6
DLX'er

Postby KAD » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:58 pm

KAD
Global Moderator

Postby warrior6 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:00 pm

It says:

/usr/bin/sudo
warrior6
DLX'er

Postby KAD » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:39 pm

KAD
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion