[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Gen3 boot problem

Gen3 boot problem

General WDLXTV-Gen3 forum

Re: 2.02.32-WDLXTV_Gen3-0.1.5 Discussion - 12/9/2014   

Postby warrior6 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:25 am

win-homebrew-stockify.bat doesn't work ^_^''
I noticed that, when I run the b-rad with the usb drive and the ethernet cable plugged in,
it asks me to update the firmware to 2.02.32.
Should I do that?
It should install the original firmware and fix things or not?

Also, why if I switch the device off, unplug the b-rad firmware usb drive and restart the WD it doesn't boot with its original firmware?
I don't understand...
warrior6
DLX'er

Postby KAD » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:30 am

If you like my work please consider a Donation.
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions!
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby warrior6 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:44 am

What do you mean with "upload"?

Should I execute from the pc
win-homebrew-upload.bat
win-homebrew-brewme.bat
win-homebrew-status.bat

and then

win-homebrew-stockify.bat?

Is it that bad to update the firmware from the wd while running the custim firmware?
warrior6
DLX'er

Postby KAD » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:21 pm

execute in this order

win-homebrew-upload.bat
win-homebrew-stockify.bat
win-homebrew-status.bat

updating the official firmware from inside the custom firmware is a gamble
it might work it might not

it might fix your issue, or it might make it worse
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby warrior6 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:55 pm

Ok, I did as you said.

I run win-homebrew-upload.bat OK

I run win-homebrew-stockify.bat and it says
WTF?<note this command might not work from within wdlxtv>

I run win-homebrew-status.bat
And it says that Homebrew mode is set to OFF

After that, I restart the WD but everything stays the same as before,
I need to plug the usb drive in to boot the system, if I remove the drive before starting the WD it just doesn't boot...
warrior6
DLX'er

Postby KAD » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:09 pm

KAD
Global Moderator

Gen3 boot problem 2   

Postby warrior6 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:15 pm

I'm a bit confused...
Should I use the command prompt of windows to issue the command you wrote?
warrior6
DLX'er

Postby KAD » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:15 pm

follow the wiki instructions to access telnet
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby warrior6 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:28 pm

I used putty and typed every command you wrote.
Nothing, unfortunately, same old story...

I'm starting to think that I should stick with this custom firmware,
I don't want to bother you anymore.

Is it possible to use themes with this firmware?
warrior6
DLX'er

Postby KAD » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:49 pm

you can run themes on that firmware

but there's no support and limited options

remember you've got an official firmware 1.05.xx which nobody has worked
so no idea what the kernel supports or does not support

additionally wdlxtv-palace.bin which b-rad put together was very early beta
it's based on 1.12.14 firmware and has not been maintained or worked on for at least 2 years
theres numerous known issues and items that do not work on that firmware

so I guess at this point it's up to you

you can continue to run that firmware
or
since all else has failed you could try and run the firmware update

which as I said the firmware update, could fix all your issue
or it could make it much worse
KAD
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion