[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Gen3 boot problem

Gen3 boot problem

General WDLXTV-Gen3 forum

Re: Gen3 boot problem   

Postby KAD » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:56 am

well that's some really good news

so now you'll want to update the official firmware

once you're on official 2.02.32
and it's all stable

you should be able to run this http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9048
without any issues
If you like my work please consider a Donation.
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions!
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby warrior6 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:58 am

Just a quick question.
I read that official 2.02.32 have issues playing mp4 files.
What if I want to update with the previous official firmware, 2.01.86?
How can I do that?
With an usb drive?
warrior6
DLX'er

Postby KAD » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:01 am

yeah, you just have to download the firmware from WD's site and put it on a USB drive

edit: WD's older firmwares can be a bit difficult to find on there website
here it is http://download.wdc.com/wdtv/wdtvlivegen3_rollback_2.01.86.zip

also if mp4's are an issue, then you should not run WDLXTV firmware
because it will have the same issues as official version 2.02.32
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby warrior6 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:19 am

Thanks.
I noticed that the .zip you provided me has four files in it:
.bin
.bin2
.ver
.fff
On the WD site the instructions talk about a fifth file, the .info one.
Is it necessary?
warrior6
DLX'er

Postby KAD » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:28 am

I'm not 100% sure

but you'll notice that's an official wd download link, so it should be fine
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby warrior6 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:47 am

Updates flawlessly :D
I can confirm that the .info file isn't required, it contains the info about the firmware release and nothing more.

Thank you so much, KAD, you really helped me cleaning the mess I made.
I'm grateful for all the time spent and patience you had dealing with me :D
warrior6
DLX'er

Postby JoeySmyth » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:17 pm

happy to hear, you got it sorted warrior6
JoeySmyth
DLX'er

Postby warrior6 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:10 am

Thanks, joey.
Everything works perfectly, now.
warrior6
DLX'er

Postby fuzzballerz » Sun May 24, 2015 12:07 am

fuzzballerz
n00b

Postby KAD » Sun May 24, 2015 2:42 pm

KAD
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion