2.02.32-EXT3_Palace_Plus-0.1.4 * updated 10/3/14

General WDLXTV-Gen3 forum

Re: 2.02.32-EXT3_Palace_Plus-0.1.4 * updated 10/3/14   

Postby b1ggjoe » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:11 pm

Kad,

By any chance, does the WDLXTV have any built-in features currently available that allow any kind of casting or mirroring at all?

Also, another separate question:

So far, this WDTVLive has been able to play EVERYTHING that I have thrown at it. Even Blue-rays in .iso format...it plays it with no problem. Just recently I discovered something interesting. My wife recorded a video with her NIKON Camera. The video was in .mov format.

On my laptop. VLC Media player plays the video with no problem at all. However on the WDTVLive, it plays the video without problems, but I do not get any audio/sound at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

BJ
b1ggjoe
WDTVer

Postby KAD » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:25 pm

because official firmware supports miracast, so does WDLXTV

see version number
part1 is 2.02.32 - this is the official version WDLXTV is based on, so you get all of the features and bugs from that official firmware version
part2 is EXT3_Palace_Plus is the name/description
part3 is 0.1.4 the WDLXTV version number

as for that video, audio codec probably is not supported
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby mad_ady » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:31 pm

:( too bad live will never get miracast support. That would have been nice to have.

@KAD: ever attempted to boot the Pallace firmware on a Live/Plus? Maybe when I finish all I want to do I'll give it a try :D

Regarding supported formats, there are some video formats/codecs combinations that are not supported. Most likely you would need to change the file format from mov to something else (without transcoding the actual content) to play on the WDTV. Use mediainfo to learn more about what's inside the video and see WD's manuals for supported codecs/formats.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby king-raven » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:05 am

Hi,

Installation worked fine.
Then "low Level theming" and linksheets also worked fine.

But when I switch off my SMP pressing the power button shortly it freezes at next start with a blank screen.
Then I have to pull the power cable because the remote does not work and after this the device starts perfectly.

Whenn I press and hold the power button to switch off the device it starts normally.

Stockify the device works.
Retry this FW - same Problem.

Any ideas?
king-raven
n00b

Postby KAD » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:41 am

king-raven wrote:Hi,

Installation worked fine.
Then "low Level theming" and linksheets also worked fine.

But when I switch off my SMP pressing the power button shortly it freezes at next start with a blank screen.
Then I have to pull the power cable because the remote does not work and after this the device starts perfectly.

Whenn I press and hold the power button to switch off the device it starts normally.

Stockify the device works.
Retry this FW - same Problem.

Any ideas?

I have no idea what could cause this,

do you have telnet/ssh access when it's stuck like this, you could try and see what processes are running, how much ram is used, etc ...

next option would be to reset EVERYTHING from webend, then see if the problem persist
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby kdavid » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:18 am

Hello forum! Very glad that I've installed this themre. Although, some plugins are outdated causing some functions not working (e.g. Tronik media player moviesheets and subs4free subtitle functions). I hope that the creators fix them!

Can anyone advise me if it's possible to install TransmissionOSD plugin?

Thanks!
kdavid
n00b

Postby KAD » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:39 am

kdavid wrote:Hello forum! Very glad that I've installed this themre. Although, some plugins are outdated causing some functions not working (e.g. Tronik media player moviesheets and subs4free subtitle functions). I hope that the creators fix them!

Can anyone advise me if it's possible to install TransmissionOSD plugin?

Thanks!

not possible, WDTVExt does not exist for this device

TransmissionBt however is included in firmware, just no control from osd, must control via web
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby BonnieC1977 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:31 pm

Hello all,

I have installed this theme but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to setup minidlna. I know that it needs to be done via the webend, but not sure how to share my files. I have a harddrive connected to my WDTV Smp all the time which I would like to share with the rest of my home network. I can see the name I have given my minidlna server, but when I try to access the files there is nothing present. Please help!

Also I see that it says I have to install ffmpeg... but I'm wondering if that is already included in the installation of this theme or do I have to do it manually and if so, how do I go about it?

Thanks in advance for the help.
BonnieC1977
n00b

Postby kcomp1863 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:11 pm

Your connected hard drives to your WD TV SMP can be mapped to your network from your PC a couple of ways. I have done them both. From windows, open your network folder and click on your WD TV SMP icon, provided you have already, added it to your network. When your next window opens, it should show any drive connected to the WD player, whether it be USB thumbdrive or a USB hard drive. Right click on the drive you want to share and in the menu will be a selection for "map network drive", click on it and a new window opens which allows you to assign a drive letter or select specific files or folders on the drive to share, if you don't want to share the entire drive, check off box for reconnect at logon and then click finish. Your drive should now show up on your PC under "My Computer", under "Network Location", if you see it there, it is now available to your home network. This is for Windows 7, other versions may differ slightly, but the steps are pretty much the same.

The other method is with a program called "WD Link", it is available from Western Digital's website here: http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=117&sid=110&lang=en. Copy this link into your web browser and enter, will bring you to download page, where you can download and install it. It will give you a nice GUI one place method to do the same as above.
kcomp1863
n00b

Postby KAD » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:39 pm

for minidnla

ffmpeg is already included in firmware

minidlna version was taken from here http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2528
just make sure you configure wec correctly
KAD
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion