2.02.32-EXT3_Palace_Plus-0.1.4 * updated 10/3/14

General WDLXTV-Gen3 forum

Re: 2.02.32-EXT3_Palace_Plus-0.1.4 * updated 10/3/14   

Postby kcomp1863 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:07 pm

One other thing, on the themes. If I do the setup correctly on the thumbdrive with multiple themes, will they all show up under settings "appearance", or is there a limit, on how many can be displayed?
kcomp1863
n00b

Postby KAD » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:10 pm

kcomp1863 wrote:Okay on the first part, got that now. Still not able to get the webend functional or telnet. Unless it's a port forwarding issue on my router. I read somewhere on the forum that port 23 needs to be opened for telnet. Not sure yet why I can't get webend to function. I put my wd tv ip address in the configuration window box and submit, but still can't get it to function. I know I'm missing something, but as I said, I'm just a novice, not an expert like your team. :D

yeah, you must have done something in your router

WDLXTV webend is on by default, using whatever IP address you see on your WD's setting menu
Official Webend, does require a one time configuration, you have to assign an IP address to it (which can not be the same as the WDLXTV webend)
telnet, yes telnet requires port 23 to be open, this is true not just on WDLXTV, but pretty much anything that runs telnet

edit: yes for theme's you can have as many as you want, there is no known limit
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby kcomp1863 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:13 pm

Okay, so on the webend configuration...Don't use my player's ip address? Then I'm confused at which ip address I DO use. Anyways, got the answers on everything else straight now, thanks! Really appreciate it! :D
kcomp1863
n00b

Postby KAD » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:33 pm

v 0.1.4

runs 2 different websites, at the same time

1. WDLXTV this is autoconfigured via the IP address that you see on your TV screen when in the settings menu
2. Official webend, this does require a one time configuration, you must assign an IP address, that is not the same as the other website that is already running on the device
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby kcomp1863 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Oh,....okay. So since webend is loaded and running by default anyways, the ip address I enter in the one time configuration box, is one I can randomly assign to it? In otherwords, I'm guessing it should be a similar address in format to the ones my router assigns, but unique from the already assigned addresses? Or am I way off base?
kcomp1863
n00b

Postby KAD » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:11 pm

kcomp1863 wrote:Oh,....okay. So since webend is loaded and running by default anyways, the ip address I enter in the one time configuration box, is one I can randomly assign to it? In otherwords, I'm guessing it should be a similar address in format to the ones my router assigns, but unique from the already assigned addresses? Or am I way off base?

yes, it just has to be an IP address that does not already exist on your network
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby kcomp1863 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:14 pm

Okay, gotcha. Thanks for your patience in talking me through this! :D
kcomp1863
n00b

Postby karabaja » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:36 am

It appears my issue was indeed running out of RAM. Swap file helped and swap is being used so I assume that it runs out of ram at some point.
Any help on how I could reduce ram usage? Considering I just need ssh connection to the box and using wget or aria2 to download files and play them from a local usb drive.
Like what is this for and can it be disabled:
/usr/bin/glibloader -f libfrancetv.so -f libsiriusxm.so -f libtwitter.so -f libnews_feed.so

I assume I can do without upnp_nas_filter as well, but can I disable it and how?
Those are a couple from higher part of top output sorted by %VSZ, I assume %VSZ isn't actually accurate representation of how much RAM they consume but it could be a hint.
karabaja
n00b

Postby b1ggjoe » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:50 am

KAD / Mad_Ady,

Thank you so much for verifying the FTP issue. I think the problem I was having was with CuteFTP. The reason is because after I read your post, I repeated the same steps with FileZilla instead of CuteFTP and it worked!!!!!!!!!! So who knows what the problem was.

I do have another quick question for you however:

I was noticing that on my Windows 8.1 box, I can project my screen to devices utilizing the 'Miracast' technology. When I was doing a device scan, it actually recognized the WDTVLive.

Is there a way that I can screen mirror / cast from my Windows 8.1 box to my TV through WDTVLive? If so, how do I do this? Is it done through a WDTVLive Service or is it accomplished through an app?

Thank you,

BJ
b1ggjoe
WDTVer

Postby KAD » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:54 pm

b1ggjoe wrote:KAD / Mad_Ady,

Thank you so much for verifying the FTP issue. I think the problem I was having was with CuteFTP. The reason is because after I read your post, I repeated the same steps with FileZilla instead of CuteFTP and it worked!!!!!!!!!! So who knows what the problem was.

I do have another quick question for you however:

I was noticing that on my Windows 8.1 box, I can project my screen to devices utilizing the 'Miracast' technology. When I was doing a device scan, it actually recognized the WDTVLive.

Is there a way that I can screen mirror / cast from my Windows 8.1 box to my TV through WDTVLive? If so, how do I do this? Is it done through a WDTVLive Service or is it accomplished through an app?

Thank you,

BJ

miracast is something that WD adding in official firmware, I haven't played with it, but I would guess that an miracast compatible tablet,smartphone, pc could use the WD via miracast
KAD
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion