2.02.32-EXT3_Palace_Plus-0.1.4 * updated 10/3/14

General WDLXTV-Gen3 forum

Re: 2.02.32-EXT3_Palace_Plus-0.1.4 * updated 10/3/14   

Postby karabaja » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:11 am

Factory reset didn't seem to help. Could it be this messing around with aria2 that actually created the problem. Here is what I get in the webend while creating a swap file:

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: Entity: line 4: parser error : xmlParseEntityRef: no name in /usr/share/webend/webend/addons/config/wdlxtv_options.php on line 849

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: <desc>aria2 is a lightweight multi-protocol & multi-source command-line down in /usr/share/webend/webend/addons/config/wdlxtv_options.php on line 849

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: ^ in /usr/share/webend/webend/addons/config/wdlxtv_options.php on line 849

Warning: corrupted app.bin manifest detected.

I did disable samba and UMSP btw, I thought it could save some ram as I don't need samba and I don't need any of the plugins. Well actually couple I tried didn't really work.

Btw I hope that aria2 will be included in the new palace, the one I am using now is old version that someone compiled. It doesn't have to be aria2 I guess, if there is some other tool that can download with multithreading. It would also be great if we could somehow download from file hosts like rapidgator, uploaded etc. using a premium account. I tried exporting cookies from FF and using aria2 load cookies option but it just downloads few kb file instead of the full size file. Maybe new version can do it, or I could be missing something else I guess.
karabaja
n00b

Postby sash88 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:02 am

Hi iam new in this forum and i have a wd tv 4th gen. (WDBPUF0000NBK)
i search the cfw or a beta version for this device?
Many thanks for answers.
sash88
n00b

Postby KAD » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:12 am

sash88 wrote:Hi iam new in this forum and i have a wd tv 4th gen. (WDBPUF0000NBK)
Many thanks for answers.

check the wiki for gen4 info, btw it's the next thread down in this same forum
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby JoeySmyth » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:18 pm

sash88 wrote:Hi iam new in this forum and i have a wd tv 4th gen. (WDBPUF0000NBK)
Many thanks for answers.

1.01.30-EXT3_Liverpool_Plus-0.1.4
JoeySmyth
DLX'er

Postby KAD » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:43 am

b1ggjoe wrote:Mad_Ady,

I think you are correct. It appears as through the built-in FTP Server does not support file transfers larger than 4GBs. I can confirm that when the FTP Server crashes, the size of the files that were transferred are no larger than 3.5GB.

I have a 4TB NTFS USB 3 HDD attached to the WDTVLive in the back USB Port. I have my WDLXTV USB Boot Drive plugged-in to the front USB port.

Thanks,

BJ

ok, I just confirmed the current FTP client in the firmware, does support larger than 4GB files,
I used Filezilla on win7 pc, to my SMP connected NTFS drive
large files are working just fine
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby kcomp1863 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:18 pm

I'm at a loss as how to add more themes to my player with this firmware. Not code savvy, but like to play and tweak. I can't get webend or telnet to work, or see where any of the plug ins I've downloaded show up on the player itself. Much of the descriptions in the forum are tailored to people with more intimate knowledge of codes, and not to the "layman" per se. I'm computer knowledgeable, but not a software/firmware guru. I'm sure you get inundated with these kind of requests, but the rest of us "dumb" folks want to play, too. If you know what I mean.
kcomp1863
n00b

Postby KAD » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:48 pm

since you don't tell us what you don't understand how can we help you

as for theme's

User Themes
You now have several choices, and they all can be located on any attached drive

.theme is used to force the osd to load .theme at boot time, you will also find it is now a selectable option under settings - appearance - themes, it will be titled "forced"
note only first instance of .theme will be loaded

.<myosd name here>.theme is a new option
you can have as many of these as you want and all of them will be selectable from the settings menu
so if the theme is titled ".PM4.theme" it will show up in settings as "PM4" and be selectable

.<myosd name here.theme.linksheets is a new option

what don't you understand about this part

title your theme .whatevernameyouwant.theme , so that format again is .<myosd name here>.theme

put it on a thumbdrive and reboot, it will show up under settings -> appearance -> themes -> your theme will be here
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby kcomp1863 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:52 pm

I guess I was pretty vague. Okay, under the stock firmware, a theme file is uploaded as a .zip. Under this firmware, do you uncompress the zip as a folder, then name it in the .theme format before placing it on a thumbdrive?
kcomp1863
n00b

Postby KAD » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:54 pm

kcomp1863 wrote:I guess I was pretty vague. Okay, under the stock firmware, a theme file is uploaded as a .zip. Under this firmware, do you uncompress the zip as a folder, then name it in the .theme format before placing it on a thumbdrive?

yes, unzip it, rename it, put it on thumbdrive

but
incidentally, if you access the official portion of the webend, the upload function is still there if anybody wanted to use it
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby kcomp1863 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:05 pm

Okay on the first part, got that now. Still not able to get the webend functional or telnet. Unless it's a port forwarding issue on my router. I read somewhere on the forum that port 23 needs to be opened for telnet. Not sure yet why I can't get webend to function. I put my wd tv ip address in the configuration window box and submit, but still can't get it to function. I know I'm missing something, but as I said, I'm just a novice, not an expert like your team. :D
kcomp1863
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion