2.02.32-EXT3_Palace_Plus-0.1.4 * updated 10/3/14

General WDLXTV-Gen3 forum

Re: 2.01.86-EXT3_Palace_Stock_Plus-0.0.4 * updated 1/13/14   

Postby leveltrauma » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:14 am

No luck,

I reset to factory setting, formated the usb stick again.

Tried the guide again, now it hangs with a black screen. It's curiously I used the same usb stick for the other cfw and it works. Maybe something wrong with the XML?
leveltrauma
WDTVer

Postby leveltrauma » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:30 am

Done! Thanks - I like the new one, it's simply and powerful
leveltrauma
WDTVer

Postby KAD » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:43 am

glad to hear it
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby 0.8 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:42 am

Worked like advertised,,,once I figured out how to format memory stick FAT32 with windows 7
Thanks for all your hard work :)
n00b

Postby thegman » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi KAD, Great work with the new firmware. I converted over from my current setup EXT3 formatted USB/B-Rad Palace to your Version fine although it wasn't as straightforward as I'd hoped. I had this idea that I could just replace the old firmware with the new 4x files (after all they're named the same lol) but it didn't boot. I then reformatted as FAT32 using a win7 PC which also didn't work so I used an older XP and the command line to format as FAT32 and it failed to boot until I redid the initial brewme batch files then it worked (although the WDTV box menu sees it as VFAT).

I notice that the telnet interface is different to the previous firmware but it doesn't have a "DIR" command. Is this normal ? Not my area of expertise !
thegman
WDTVer

Postby KAD » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:35 pm

probably replacing on the wdlxtv-palace.bin fine would have worked

but particularly the hidden patched system config file that gets generated, if that get's messed up or moved, it's likely to boot official instead of homebrew
until you re-run the brewme batch file

dir cmd

I'd have to look, but this uses the official libs and utilities available

my next major item on my list will be to try and update all the libs and utilties
like busybox for example, official firmware, and this currently has a version that is 6 years old
and has quite a few bugs I've run into with basic utilities like, find, awk, and storing sh variables
some items I know are missing dos2unix and nano, as well, I bet there's quite a few others missing as well
I know ls is included, and that accomplished the same as dir
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby jdwhalley » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:50 pm

KAD,

Thanks so much for the hard work putting this together. Just moved over to the WDTV Live SMP and spent hours and hours reading up on how to get the most out of the box.

One quick question. Am I right in saying that neither xmount nor plugins such as MediaMark will work with this current firmware/homebrew? I'm a little confused by the various models of WD and compatible firmware/plugins.

Thanks again.
jdwhalley
n00b

Postby KAD » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:02 pm

jdwhalley wrote:KAD,

Thanks so much for the hard work putting this together. Just moved over to the WDTV Live SMP and spent hours and hours reading up on how to get the most out of the box.

One quick question. Am I right in saying that neither xmount nor plugins such as MediaMark will work with this current firmware/homebrew? I'm a little confused by the various models of WD and compatible firmware/plugins.

Thanks again.

correct xmount does not exist in this firmware, although, it will likely get added at a future date
MediaMark runs on WDTVext which does not exist for this device

although, an additional option, official firmware and so this as well, as a built in feature for marking video's as watched, I've never used it myself
but I believe it's part of WD's media library function
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby bigapple883 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:50 am

Hello,

First of all, thanks for the great work done! I've a question on the new version: Is it possible to run a UPNP/DLNA media server on it? such as MiniDLNA or UMSP?

Thanks for your help!
bigapple883
n00b

Postby KAD » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:47 am

bigapple883 wrote:Hello,

First of all, thanks for the great work done! I've a question on the new version: Is it possible to run a UPNP/DLNA media server on it? such as MiniDLNA or UMSP?

Thanks for your help!

possible, yes

but nobody has implemented it yet
KAD
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion