2.02.32-EXT3_Palace_Plus-0.1.4 * updated 10/3/14

General WDLXTV-Gen3 forum

Re: 2.01.86-EXT3_Palace_Stock_Plus-0.0.4 * updated 1/13/14   

Postby KAD » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:11 am

different xml elements and size of theme .pngs can also make a difference

example in the xml's are images being scaled to size or being displayed at raw size

as for linksheets size I keep most of mine approx 200kb
imho there is a noticable difference between say 500kb and 200kb
but between 200kb and 70kb, yeah probably not much difference
it's sort of a diminished return
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby engineer14 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:43 am

yep, I will have a look at the theme png´s, although not many are used in the list view.

Maybe it´s jsut the fact that Titan uses 2 Rows with 2x10 entrys, while Coco uses only one row with 10.

Odd thing ist, without Linksheets Titan ist just as fast as Coco. Hm...
engineer14
Donor

Postby The.King » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:37 pm

KAD wrote:depends on your thumbgen settings
most likely Despicable Me 2.jpg is a thumbnail, which would need to stay where thumbgen put it, next to the movie file
Despicable Me 2.mkv_sheet.jpg renamed to Despicable Me 2.mk should be a moviesheet which once renamed should be put inside ".theme" folder

So, I've played around with things for a while and this is where I'm at.

1st off, I thought that nothing had worked at all, as when I checked the display on my SMP, I had the exact same wallpaper at the 'info', 'share' folders option. However, once I went inside 'share', I had a super looking new GUI - so thanks a heap KAD for helping out.

OK, so as per my post here: http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/WDLXTV-Moviesheets-Vs-Linksheets/m-p/665489/highlight/false#M27443, you will see the large screenshots I took of my TG and my question regarding which boxes should be 'ticked'. I asked this because on browsing through my theme and with KAD's awesome custom FW, I still have a few teething issues getting everything to display correctly.

As I mentioned earlier, TG produced two jpg's for a movie (one called 'Despicable Me 2.jpg' (the folder/thumbnail image) and the other called 'Despicable Me 2.mkv_sheet.jpg' (the linksheet jpg with the IMDB plot, rating, etc.)). Both files (once generated) were added to the same folder (path) as where the movie was - there was no sign of one photo here and one photo on the upper level. Anyway, I renamed the former (folder/thumbnail jpg) to 'Despicable Me 2' (without ANY file extension) and the latter (linksheet jpg) to 'Despicable Me 2.mkv' - i.e. the EXACT same as the name of the movie including its extension. I have tried the following two options with the renamed jpgs...

(1) I copied both renamed files into the .theme folder as I read in the forum. The result = Linksheet displayed perfectly (only on the largest tile/display setting - whatever that's called, not on the smaller folder display sizes), but the folder/thumbnail jpg was blank/would not display and I just had a black/white photo of the woman with a hand to her face (i.e. the GBBM Theme backdrop).

(2) I copied the renamed linksheet jpg (the one exactly the same as the movie) to the .theme folder and left the other renamed (folder/thumbnail) jpg (without the .jpg) in the folder where TG generated it - right next to my movie. The result = exactly the same as (1) above?

So, I appear to have the theme working fine, the custom FW is working fine (although overall the response of the SMP is a bit slower than before - I assume this is due to the USB thumb drive?) but all-in-all, both are working well. Yet, (a) I can't seem to get the renamed (folder/thumbnail) jpg (i.e. the front cover of the movie) to display regardless of placing it in either location, (b) I can't get the selected folder (at the bottom of the screen) to pop/highlight/enlarge when selected (so I know which folder I'm at) - as I've seen throughout many posts and on youtube - not sure if this is due to the GBBM Theme? and (c) the linksheet image will only display when I have the folder view set to the largest. This is probably the way it's suppoed to be, I don't know. Any ideas on any of this?

Once I get these minor issues resolved, I can work on implementing the genre folders that came with the GBBM Theme.

Thanks in advance.
The.King
n00b

Postby KAD » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:16 pm

well the thumbnail should not have to moved or renamed

sounds like firmware and.theme folder is working also linksheet is working correctly
as for other views, not sure, maybe GBBM only enabled it in one view

as for speed, usb thumbdrive can slow things down, depending on speed of the drive
themes can also slow things down, depending on how they are designed
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby The.King » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:52 pm

Thanks again KAD,

I had a few responses on the other forum about the GBBM theme and the whole renaming of .jpgs and where they should go, so hopefully I can iron out a couple of things.

Regarding the view being displayed (or lack of), it just seems like some of the .jpgs contained within DeVicious's folder '.theme\image' (such as RV-BG-VIDEOBROWSE.jpg for example) are just not being loaded/displayed correctly? Might be the thumb drive, might be because the theme was initially designed for the hub and not the 'live' gen 3? I don't know. :roll:

I'll work on getting the thumbnail/folder jpg issue first and then my folders and after that I'll see where I'm at.

One final thing, do you know of any themes which work really well with the Live gen 3 SMP and your custom FW?

Thanks a lot for your help, would not have been able to do this without you.
The.King
n00b

Postby The.King » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:06 pm

KAD,

Just before I delete them (having downloaded them both before I got onto these forums) - with your custom FW now installed and the GBBM theme running, I don't need either of the original WDLXTV FW downloads at all, do I?

i.e.
1.02.21_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.5.1.1
1.05.04_V_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.5.1.1

Just wanted to be sure.
The.King
n00b

Postby KAD » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:51 pm

if you have images from inside the theme not being displayed correctly

then you probably have corrupted files, this happens when you just remove a thumbdrive without properly ejecting it from a pc etc

as for those other 2 files those aren't needed, in fact they are designed for an entirely different device
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby The.King » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:08 am

Great - thanks for the reply.
The.King
n00b

Postby leveltrauma » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:20 am

It hangs in a reboot loop, I tried to enter the brew mode again and it tells me everything is ready to boot up the cfw but then it hangs in the loop. It is the same usb stick which i used for the older cfw.
My stick is in ext3 format
leveltrauma
WDTVer

Postby KAD » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:27 pm

leveltrauma wrote:It hangs in a reboot loop, I tried to enter the brew mode again and it tells me everything is ready to boot up the cfw but then it hangs in the loop. It is the same usb stick which i used for the older cfw.
My stick is in ext3 format

try format the thumbdrive to fat32

I know it doesn't make sense, support for ext3 should be great considering the linux base, but I've had numerous thumbdrives refuse to boot this or WDLXTV alpha off ext3 formatted drives

and no vfat is not the same as fat32, some version of windows will actually use vfat
fat32 is what I recommend

other possibility for boot loop, is the file wdlxtv-palace.bin has some corruption, either from download or from not properly ejecting the thumbdrive from a pc
KAD
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion