[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
2.02.32-EXT3_Palace_Plus-0.1.4 * updated 10/3/14

2.02.32-EXT3_Palace_Plus-0.1.4 * updated 10/3/14

General WDLXTV-Gen3 forum

Re: 2.01.86-EXT3_Palace_Stock_Plus-0.0.4 * updated 1/13/14   

Postby engineer14 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:34 am

so, now I´m trying to build a theme based on Titan Live, but I want to make quite a few adaptions.

I´m thinking about a "Linksheet Light" theme, using Linksheets only for some extra info in the list view above the list (IMDB, Country, Year and a small picture maybe), and I would like to keep the detailed movie Info in the Gallery View, using the xml Files from TG. That should be possible, right? Because, two seperate Linksheets, one for List, one for Gallery - I guess that´s still not possible?

So, questions about adapting the theme with Linksheets, this is not the place for it I guess, because it´s just a "Side Effect" of your FW. Guess I should switch over to the WD Forums for this?

Thanks again for sharing your work!
engineer14
Donor

Postby KAD » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:01 am

yeah, I really haven't done too much theming on this device
the themers over at WD forum have done a lot

as for different linksheets, I think joeysmyth tried a bunch of other variables and found some of them work
but I don't remember which ones
If you like my work please consider a Donation.
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions!
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby sorb » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:47 am

I did everything as explained. It is showing the 2.01.86-EXT3_Palace_Stock_Plus-0.0.4 version in about section. But when i am accessing my IP 192.168.1.103 using browser it is directing to the official webend not the wdlx webend. Can anyone explain where i am wrong?
sorb
DLX'er

Postby KAD » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:57 am

PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby leveltrauma » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:34 am

Hey Kad,

thanks for your work! One question: does wifi is working in that version?

Thanks in advance
leveltrauma
WDTVer

Postby KAD » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:16 pm

yes, wifi works in this firmware
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby The.King » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:13 am

Hi KAD,

Thanks for replying to my previous post over on the WD forum (Re: WDLXTV - Moviesheet​s Vs Linksheets​) and as suggested, I've hooked up an account here so that we can continue the discussion regarding precisely what custom firmware I need to get the ball rolling and what process(es) I need to follow.

As per your post, you said.....

http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7663&​start=0 - this is an ok reference, at least for how to do the boot process
http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/Ge​tting-around-the-30MB-theme-limit-and-repointing-t​... - Defintely ignor this
http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8707 - this is the firmware you should run. The way this firmware has been designed so that you don't need any cmd line, etc ...it's availabe if you want it, but not needed you just go through the windows boot process

With regard to your last comment, I'm not sure I follow it completely? i.e. This is the firmware you should run, it's available if you want it but not needed?

Can you clarify that a little please as I'm hoping to just get the ABC's for this entire process down to a 'T' and in the right sequence, before I start anything.

Thanks.
The.King
n00b

Postby KAD » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:55 am

no probs,

here's a revised version of that statement, you might also notice, I updated the first post here with some install instructions, based on your feedback

this is the firmware you should run. The way this firmware has been designed so that you don't need any cmd line, etc ... cmd Line is availabe if you want it, but cmd line is not needed to get things working, you just need to go through the windows boot process so that this firmware boots

then create ".theme" folder on your thumbdrive to run a theme
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby The.King » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:12 am

Perfect - thanks for clarifying that.

I'm just performing a complete 'kill-disk' and re-image of my rig at the moment. Once I get that finished and everything reinstalled, I'll get cracking on this. I'm sure it will work itself out as I progress, but if I run into anything I'll stick a post here if that's ok?

Thanks again. (Oooo yeah, I noticed the updated instructions on the initial post - when I first read them today I thought I was going mad - i.e. it didn't make that much sense to me the first time I read it but was pretty clear this time around! :D )
The.King
n00b

Postby The.King » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:32 am

Hi KAD,

Ok so, I've re-imaged my rig and I'm back in the land of the living. I've followed your instructions and implemented your custom FW without issue - thanks! On checking the FW version on my SMP, it reads: 2.01.86-EXT3_Palace_Stock_Plus-0.0.4. :D

I've also tidied up some of my folders (as per posts with 'pearl' on the other forum) so I no longer have a billion folders and movies/subs contained within each folder.

I've installed TG and I've downloaded Goodbye Black Mamba [GGBM] theme and loaded that bundle into TG. This all worked without any issue.

I'm now at the point of removing my thumb drive momentarily from my SMP so that I can create a theme folder. My question is - how do I do this? i.e. When you say to create a ".theme" folder in the root of the USB thumb drive, do you actually mean a folder named ".theme" (which Windows won't allow) - or do you mean that if my theme was called ABC, that I create a theme folder called "ABC.theme"???

After I have created the ".theme" folder, do all other folders I have then go inside that theme folder? Or is this where I leave everything where it is and 'just' move the renamed "folder" jpg (and/or) "linksheet" jpg to the ".theme" folder?

I've read that many posts now, that I can't remember which set of 'instructions' to follow anymore? Same with the creating of a ".theme" folder? I remember reading somewhere about a particular process for naming the folder in Windows (with cmd I think) but I can't find that link now and don't know if it applies anymore because of this FW?

I know I'm almost there, I just want to get the rest of it right.

Oooooo and one final thing, I think GGBM theme also came with a separate download for genre folders (half way down this page) http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Theme-GoodBye-Black-Mamba-LinkSheet-Updated-Dec-14th/td-p/510386. There's no instructions on how to implement this additional download, so would you have any ideas on where to place everything?

Finally, is that it then? Or do I need to browse into my SMP via IE and configure anything - i.e. like in the attached image?

Thanks again for your help - and the killer custom FW, really, really appreciate it.
The.King
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion