[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
2.02.32-EXT3_Palace_Plus-0.1.4 * updated 10/3/14

General WDLXTV-Gen3 forum

Postby KAD » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:56 pm

Last edited by KAD on Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:01 am, edited 38 times in total.
Reason: version 0.0.9 release
If you like my work please consider a Donation.
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions!
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Re: 2.01.86-EXT3_Palace_Stock_Plus-0.0.2 * updated 1/12/14   

Postby KAD » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:01 am

updated :)
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Re: 2.01.86-EXT3_Palace_Stock_Plus-0.0.3 * updated 1/12/14   

Postby recliq » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:51 am

­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (, , ) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Re: 2.01.86-EXT3_Palace_Stock_Plus-0.0.3 * updated 1/12/14   

Postby KAD » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:19 am

Official firmware start scripts use Sxx with capital
I dont want those to run twice

theres probably quite a bit ive done that would not be the normal correct way, but it works
I certainly welcome anybody to chip in and fix/add/improve

Lowercase s ...
This might be changable later, it appears brad converted official start scripts from S to s then elected to have WDLXTV scripts start with S

Also my implementation is less robust
No searching conf or other directories
No dos2unix - does not exist in official firmware

probably next step will be to transplant missing items (dos2unix,nano,etc)
from WDLXTV palace to this, well assuming that works
KAD
Global Moderator

Re: 2.01.86-EXT3_Palace_Stock_Plus-0.0.4 * updated 1/13/14   

Postby engineer14 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:12 am

Hi,

Thanks KAD for your work, great to see someone working on the SMP.

I just switched to the SMP quite recently, had the old Live before, with wdlxtv, using linksheets.

After reading the forums for quite some time, I understand Linksheets work with the SMP as well, but with the 30MB Limitation, which would make it rather useless for me.

So, if I get it right, this limitation can be avoided using b-rads FW. I think I understand most part of how to do it, but the last steps are missing (and, I am no Linux guy, sorry ;).

So, as I see it, I should create an (empty?) Folder named ".theme" on the root of the USB Device (same place as wdlxtv-palace.bin). So the Palace knows where to look for the theme.
What I miss is, how I get the actual theme there. Do I still upload it using a web browser (the "normal" way), or do I manually put it on the usb device - and if so, do I put it into the ".theme" folder or just into the main folder.
And, last question, do I still have to make a .zip - File or can the File just be copied over there.

And, the sheets must be put in the same folder as the theme, right?

Sorry to bother you with these probably "banal" questions ... thx again!
engineer14
Donor

Postby KAD » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:35 am

yep linksheets work, well sort of

SMP
does not use an actual script for linksheets like the old WD Live or Live Plus does
so instead we'll manually place sheets inside the theme and manually rename the sheets as needed

so to use create .theme
and manually (no upload) put all the theme data inside that folder (not zip'ed)
Basically, think of it this way
unzip the theme you want to use
then change the main folder name from TitanLive etc to .theme
and it will work

for linksheets the sheets must be renamed like this
Batman.m2ts_sheet.jpg becomes Batman.m2ts
the folder sheet Batman_sheet.jpg becomes Batman (no extension)
then the sheets with modified names get dumped inside the .theme folder

this is very similiar to the old MSHEETDIR method, so if you're at all familiar with that, you'll recognize the naming scheme
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby engineer14 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:41 am

thank you for the quick reply.

Yep, the naming schema is the same I used with the old box (MSHEETDIR), so I am familiar with that.

So, the Theme is loaded when the Palacemakes a restart from Poweroff, right?

So, if I want to add new sheets, I will have to make a restart again, I guess?

I will give that a try tomorrow. Thanks again.
engineer14
Donor

Postby KAD » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:57 am

actually just the theme path is set at boot

so if you're just adding new sheets, no need to reboot again
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby engineer14 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:07 am

so, tried it, and, basically it worked flawlessly.

One thing: After switching the devixe off via remote (soft power), I didn´t get a picture when switching on again. The LED´s were on, but no picture, I had to disconnect it from power. Tried that several times, always the same.

Thanks again, greetings

oh, another thing - I wasn´t able to get it to work with an USB Harddrive, only a stick worked ...
engineer14
Donor

Postby KAD » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:50 am

KAD
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Discussion