[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Anodized Customised Moviesheet THEME V1.2.2 updated!

Theming the WDTV Live Hub!

Postby firetix » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:10 pm

firetix
WDTVer

Re: Anodized Customised Moviesheet THEME V1.2.2 updated!   

Postby extremedigital » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:21 am

Nice work firetix, really enjoyed your videos, thanks for all your input on this.......

Final point of note is that you need to have your movies in individual folders for this to work properly.

So to recap in your example above

Easy A Folder will have the following files

Easy A.mkv (The actual movie)

folder.jpg (Customised folder.jpg you can create using thumbgen best use a cover template)

Easy A.jpg (Thumbnail you can use one the hub download via 'Get Info' or create customised thumbnail with thumbgen i use same template to create my folder.jpg and moviename.jpg at same time)

Easy A.xml (Movie metadata you can use the hub 'Get Info' or create xml via thumbgen NOTE thumbgen xml is not 100% compatible at the moment)

Easy A.mkv_sheet.mkv (Dummy movie file to trigger the moviesheet)

Easy A.mkv_sheet.jpg (The moviesheet this is compatible with both the Hub and Live you can use a normal static .jpg or a transparent .jpg as described above)

Use a Moviesheet theme like firetix's ................Then the magic happens :D

Without PsychoTHC original work on the Hub theme none of this would be possible so a massive thank you
extremedigital
Global Moderator

Postby adroit012 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:53 am

Thanks for the tutorial, there really aren't many for HUB. I have been trying this though without much luck, I dunno where I'm going wrong. I used one of the template from the mega template pack of extremedigital. I have few doubts, should the moviesheet be of a particular size only ? coz most of the time they are like 2 MB & I hope thats not an issue. Then I'm slightly confused about naming of files as well. Say Inception which is mkv file, should it again be named as Inception.mkv which would make it Inception.mkv.mkv or just left alone as inception.

My folder structure :-

Media library is turned on & Video playback settings has been turned to repeat all.

I generate XML files from WDTVlive metadata loader. TG doesnt seem to create them.

When i go into the movies folder,I only find a image of the movie on the folder rather than a movie sheet inside. :? Really wanna use one of those tempting templates. :)
adroit012
n00b

Postby extremedigital » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:34 am

Hello adroit012,

First i assume that you are using one of my moviesheet Themes or firetix's for the Hub.

Anozided ExtremeMix 1.4

http://www.mediafire.com/?ukifgc1smbebmpy

OsdModHub ExtremeMix 1.4

http://www.mediafire.com/?pdff1yl4l753bob

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The size of the moviesheet does matter as it should be under 512kb

In TG goto options---->moviesheets limit to 500000 bytes

Looking at your movie structure you have named the files correctly.

Goto a folder for example Shawshank Redemption you will see 2 files 'press right arrow' on your control to hightlight the dummy file and the moviesheet will appear.
extremedigital
Global Moderator

Postby adroit012 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:36 am

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using this template pack of yours http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2335 but the current sheets are from either the default template of TG or dribblers pack.

I went into the folder but i only find one file there.. the main movie file & no other file. I'm using seagate ext HDD to access the files. Do the moviesheets appear automatically or do we have to trigger them manually ?

I just saw your anodized osdmodhub themes, they really look nice. ;) How do we use these, could u pls explain a lil & do we first use these to get moviesheets working ?
adroit012
n00b

Postby extremedigital » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:36 am

Hi Androit.....

Lets start right at the beginning please make sure that your Hub is running the newest firmware 2.03.24

Secondly if you are only seeing one file then please clear the library which makes the Hub rescan the media files again

You will need to install the moviesheet theme, in case you dont know how to here is some instructions taken from PsychoTHC on how to do so:---

1. Connect your WDTV LiveHub with your computer and surf to the harddrives root.
2. Here you should see a ".wd_tv" folder.
3. Copy the whole theme folder into ".wd_tv\theme\..."
4. At the LiveHub go to Settings/Apearance/User Themes Interfaces.
5. Make sure the theme location is set to Local. (red remote button)
6. Select your chosen theme and you are ready.

Btw more themes available here:--

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Themes/bd-p/hub_themes

Once you have installed my moviesheet customed Anozided theme or firetix version then you should be able to see the moviesheets
extremedigital
Global Moderator

Postby adroit012 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:24 am

extremedigital,
Firmware is latest one. (2.03.24)
I downloaded PsychoTHC theme & it looked really nice.However i had to reset the HUB coz whenever i tried playing files from ext HDD the HUB would just hang up. It actually started happening even before i applied the theme because i disabled auto arrange feature on win7 & ext HDD & since then when ever i try to play a file via ext HDD the HUB gets stuck up.

I had disabled auto arrange feature to get files arranged in the folder like you all have shown, coz it just doesnt happen that way with auto arrange turned on. is it important for files to be arranged in that order like movie.mkv folder.jpg etc.. & is there a work around for this ?

Currently i have reset the HUB to default setting & i'll download the PsychoTHC theme again once i sort out the file structure & ext HDD thing. Thanks.

Edit :-

I changed the moviesheet size in TG but i'm still getting files of around 1MB like this one..I used a different template as well but the size was more or less the same.

shld i use photoshop to reduce the size or any other software ?
adroit012
n00b

Postby extremedigital » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:32 am

Hi adroit12,

The order of the files in the folder doesn't matter so no need to disable auto arrange.

Hmm strange one about the size of the moviesheet in TG

Make sure you have the latest version of TG (v1.2.4.3)

http://www.wdtvlive.net/showthread.php?403-ThumbGen-v1.2.4.3

When you mention the PsychoTHC andozided theme i take it you mean my customised moviesheet version, also firetix version would work as well

Anozided ExtremeMix 1.4

http://www.mediafire.com/?ukifgc1smbebmpy

Firetix version

http://www.mediafire.com/?h99gl54ra7th8yf

As you said just make sure after you reset the Hub that Media library is turned on & Video playback settings has been turned to repeat all.
extremedigital
Global Moderator

Postby adroit012 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:21 am

I installed the anodized theme that's available for download through WD user themes.

Regarding the file size, i saw that its making 2 files movie.png, movie_sheet.jpg. The png is oversized while jpg is coming to 500kb. Should i uncheck the extra sheet box in TG ?

Connected to the HUB but didnt find the folder .wd_tv in there :? I have copied anodized extrememix 1.4 in one of the folders on the disk but is there another way to install it or locate the folder ? :\ I'm connected via usb wireless connection & used the wd discovery tool to connect the HUB with my laptop. Do i need to get connected by ethernet for that folder & set up a media server to see that folder. :|

edit :-

I just found this site regarding the .wd_tv folder http://www.michaelrottner.de/wdtv_live_hub.html I followed those 2 steps but the folder isnt showing up.
adroit012
n00b

Postby firetix » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:22 am

adroit012!
First of all, if your templates don't have a transparent background...
simply don't generate the moviesheet as .png!
Generate is as the default .jpg.

Now, if you want a moviesheet with a transparent background with backdrops generated by the hub appearing/disapearing.!
use my modified templates available here :

btw what the name of the template you're using?? :
I like it :D
firetix
WDTVer

Next

Return to WDTV Live Hub Theming