Themes for the WDTV Live Hub

Theming the WDTV Live Hub!

Re: Themes for the WDTV Live Hub   

Postby drizzt09 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:08 pm

OK I bought my Hub yesterday and have been playing around with it for about 10 hours now. It has some potential but not perfect yet. I have tried a couple of your themes ans they look nice. here are where my issues lie and maybe someone can help me out here.

1. I like gallery View and have my folder structure like this:
Network/shared drive named "Media Center". In this Drive I have:
Videos[folder]
-> Movie1[folder]->Movie1.avi
-> Movie2[folder]->Movie2.avi

Music[Folder]
-> Album1[folder]->mp3's, nfo, sfv, m3u
-> Album2[folder]->mp3's, nfo, sfv, m3u

While using the Gallery view and access the Videos Folder I see the thumbnails across the bottom and each one I highlight brings up the thumbnail on left but all info is NA.
If I click on the movie folder it opens up and then I get the same thumbnail on left, and all the info is there now and so is the changing background image.

Personally I would rather do away with the background image altogether and I would also like to have the movie info on folder screen and well as the movie screen.

2. This issue is outside theming but I think need to be a hacked firmware. When I turn on to homescreen and open Videos. I want it to access folder structures I choose, I dont want to have to differentiate between local, USB, or Network. If I setup a video share on Network and a Video folder on local drive, I want ot access the Videos section and see both. And dont get me started on media center share from media player 11 on XP... ewwww.

Thanks for your help.
drizzt09
WDTVer

Postby homerjs » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:36 am

Excellent work, just bought Hub, had my Gen1 for too long. Thanks for the hard work
homerjs
n00b

Postby ix400 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:53 pm

Hi all!

I ordered a WDTV Live Hub and it should arrive today.

Honestly, I am really lost since, I have no idea how to install the custom skin (which obviously includes the movie sheets function). Is there somewhere sort of a beginners guide that explains step by step what to do? I mean especially for the Live Hub?

So far I just found out that I obviously need sort of a custom firmware, sound quite complicated.

It would be really nice if you could give me some guidance.

Thank you very much,

Chris
ix400
n00b

Postby KAD » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:39 pm

actually there is no custom firmware for the hub

WD firmware has moviesheet functionality
and also has functionality for loading a custom osd

in the moviesheet section of the forum, there is some info about changing the moviesheet layout etc to use different templates and so on,
but besides that all the functionality is from WD

KAD
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby ix400 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:09 pm

Hi KAD,

thanks for the info.

It's easier then I thought then. I guess I will start by testing different Themes then.

I'm really exited to see how the live hub compares to my boxes box. Specification wise the only advantage (and to me a big one) of the boxee box is it's ability to pass through dts-master tracks. But the UI of the wd is a about ten times nicer...

Regards,

Chris

P.S.: Sorry for my crappy English. I'm from Germany.
ix400
n00b

Previous

Return to WDTV Live Hub Theming