Attention Themers Hub/SMP Info

Theming the WDTV Live Hub!

Re: Attention Themers Hub/SMP Info   

Postby KAD » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:15 am

reboot the device

and everything should display correctly
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby mz_inet » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:25 am

Thanks for the reply. I was stupid when setting the path and forgot to put in the single quotes.

It works fine. Thanks. I really appreciate you doing this. I'm using the SMP due to a stupid cost issue, which in retrospect, I should have just gone with the HUB.
Anyway, I will enjoy this until the next best thing comes along, but your work on this has given us SMP users a whole new life on its usage.

Thanks Again.
mz_inet
n00b

Postby KAD » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:10 pm

when setting theme path via config_tool
no quotes " " or single quotes ' ' should be used

just a path
/path/to/theme/folder
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby mz_inet » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:05 am

For some reason the single quote seemed like it worked after I rebooted, but after turning it off and on it had problems, so I'll try it with no quotes again.
Thanks.
mz_inet
n00b

Postby mz_inet » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:43 am

Ok. Got it working. I think I had it working before I tried the single quote thing too, but anyways, I found that by plugging in my 1TB USB 2.0 drive in the front while booting from my 4Gb thumbdrive in the back has caused the theme to not load. Not sure why, but when just having the 4gb stick in, all is good. Maybe if I could add a delay to look at front USB port / my 1 TB drive that it might load up fine - but not sure how I could do that. If I plug in my 1TB drive after all is loaded with my theme, it can easily coexist with the new theme.

I was thinking of using my 1TB drive for the wdlxtv files, my theme and miscellaneous video stuff, while all my movies are on my network computer. But I will just leave the wdlxtv files and theme on my stick and use the other drive only when needed after the theme loads. If I need more room for linksheets, then I'll just buy a bigger stick.

Thanks for taking time to respond. You helped me stay on track and not give up.

I have a very bad opinion of how WD has supported their boxes, but luckily they do have the best units to support the widest variety of video files.
I also give them credit for trying to allow us to customize our themes.

Thanks Again.
mz_inet
n00b

Previous

Return to WDTV Live Hub Theming