WDLXTV Live Plus Stops reading all media files

Feature Requests and Proposals for inclusion into WDLXTV-Plus

WDLXTV Live Plus Stops reading all media files   

Postby boozie1956 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:51 am

Hello all,
please forgive me I haven't posted much on the forum before, however I'm in serious need of your help.
A week ago both of my WD's stopped playing all of my media and i can't figure out why. When I click on a file
I just shows the wheel cycling through but the file never plays. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
boozie1956
n00b

Re: WDLXTV Live Plus Stops reading all media files   

Postby ebo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:51 am

How do you get media to the WDTVs? Since both stopped playing media at (about) the same time, that suggests you're using a server, maybe a NAS, and that something has happened to the server or your LAN connection. Can you play files locally from a USB drive? If not, try this: disconnect the WDTV from the LAN, cold boot it and try the USB drive again. If that works, try connecting the LAN again and see if it still works (might require another reboot).

If that works but only for a few minutes, then you have the same problem I had years ago with both a Gen 1 and my current Live Plus. In my case it was caused by some incompatibility between the WDTV and a Seagate BlackArmor NAS I was using to supply videos. The combination worked well for several months until one day I got the symptoms you reported. I could navigate folders but got the Spinning Circle of Doom whenever I tried to play anything, either from the NAS or locally. A reboot made it work again, but only for a few minutes. Any file I started would play through to the end but I would soon lose FF/RW control. I found a few reports of similar problems but no explanations or fixes. My solution was to disconnect the NAS. I now stream quite reliably from a Win7 PC running haneWIN NFS.
ebo
Donor

Return to Requests