1.03.49_B_WDLXTV_PLUS-0.4.5.3 - Telnet Issue

the place for WDLXTV-Plus bugs

1.03.49_B_WDLXTV_PLUS-0.4.5.3 - Telnet Issue   

Postby scopen4 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:45 pm

The Web Front end telnet client always fails when trying to login, however if you telnet through Windows or Linux it allows you to login.
scopen4
n00b

Re: 1.03.49_B_WDLXTV_PLUS-0.4.5.3 - Telnet Issue   

Postby gallo » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:32 pm

works fine for me :/

update your java and/or try firefox or another browser
I plan on being kicked off in the near future :o
gallo
Donor

Postby RMerlin » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:54 pm

Same. This is most likely a problem with either your Java, your browser or your security software blocking the Java applet.
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider donating.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby dsafety » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:21 pm

I have been fighting this since day one when I first installed B-rads firmware. The Telnet dialog opens fine from the Webend but then a Java app opens asking for the login and password. Neither works. I can telnet fine using Putty with the same login and password.

After reading one of the responses above, I tried accessing the Webend from Firefox. When opened in that browser, the Telnet dialog works perfectly. I think I have the latest Java installed on my Win7 computer so it has to be some Windows setting that I have wrong.

This is not a big deal since I can easily access Telnet using Putty and now from Firefox but I would like to resolve the problem in Windows one of these days. If anyone has any ideas, I am all ears.

Bob
dsafety
Donor

Postby RMerlin » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:08 pm

If you get a Java login popup, try entering the same login information as you used for the webend. It could be that Java needs you to re-supply the web server credentials before the applet actually runs (at which point you'll be asked to supply your telnet credentials).
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby dsafety » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:33 pm

RMerlin wrote:If you get a Java login popup, try entering the same login information as you used for the webend. It could be that Java needs you to re-supply the web server credentials before the applet actually runs (at which point you'll be asked to supply your telnet credentials).

Thanks for the idea. I have tried that several times. No matter what login or password I enter in the Java popup, it does not work. The popup just reappears asking for a login and password. Strange that it works fine in Firefox but not in IE8.

Bob
dsafety
Donor

Postby RMerlin » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:49 pm

You probably have some security policies in place in IE8 that are interfering with Java.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby gallo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:43 pm

goto tools->internet options->advanced tab-> click the reset button on the bottom
that'll reset all your settings to default and you should be able to access the java app correctly then
and the l/p for that app is wdlxtv:wdlxtv
thats all you need to do
gallo
Donor

Postby gallo » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:43 pm

scopen4 any further news about this
gallo
Donor

Postby dsafety » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:43 pm

I tried Gallo's suggestion without success. All that did was clear out all my saved passwords for everything that Windows had remembered. It was a major pain reconstructing everything.

At this point, I am just going to leave things as they are. Since I can access the webend Telnet feature in Firefox or directly using Putty, this is not a big deal. It is strange that I seem to be the only person with this problem. I am sure that is is some setting on my computer but as I said, fixing it is not worth the trouble.
dsafety
Donor

Next

Return to Bugs