Media Freeze/USB Recognition Issues

General WDLXTV-Plus forum

Media Freeze/USB Recognition Issues   

Postby mercamgf1 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:18 pm

I have a WDTV Live Plus (WDBABX0000NBK) running 1.05.04_B.WDLXTV_PLUS-0.5.1.1 connected to Drobo S by rear USB port. I pulled my WDTV out to playback some bluray mkv rips and everytime I go to play the file it freezes to a single frame, and maybe refreshes to the new frame with a pretty drastic delay. Thought it might be the 1080p full bluray rips, but I tried to play back a standard small file and had the same issue. Not quite sure what the issue may be. Any thoughts? The pool size is ~16TBs so maybe its an attached storage size limit issue?
mercamgf1
n00b

Re: Media Freeze/USB Recognition Issues   

Postby kroetkroet » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:06 pm

Hello,

you might try to look at the log files on linux level, for example "dmesg" - what does it state regarding the attached storage? What happens if you transfer files from and to the USB (eg. ftp) ?

Good luck debugging!
KK
WDLXTV-fan! - In case you need further assistance: read our WIKI, search our Forum and most of all: donate 'something' to b-rad for his great efforts!!!
kroetkroet
Beta Tester

Re: Media Freeze/USB Recognition Issues   

Postby mad_ady » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:48 pm

You can also try to use bandwidth_test from the command line to see what throughput you get. What filesystem do you have on the USB drive?
mad_ady
Developer

Return to Discussion