Has Netflix, Hulu and Youtube removed support to WD TV Plus?

General WDLXTV-Plus forum

Has Netflix, Hulu and Youtube removed support to WD TV Plus?   

Postby salomon_grundy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:38 pm

After months of using Netflix, Hulu and YouTube Leanback, one week ago, all of them stopped working.
Netflix says: "We are unable to connect you to Netflix. Please try again or visit http://www.netflix.com/tvhelp for guidance."
Hulu says: "Sorry, there was an issue contacting the Hulu Plus service. Please try again. "
While YouTube Leanback just doesn't load and the bar stays there white instead of filling up in red.

I've tried:
Resetting modem and router.
WDTV power cycle.
Factory restore WDTV.
Rolling back to previous firmware only gave me access to YouTube because it uses the old application YouTube Videos,
I have a WDTV Live Plus HD, (WDBABX0000NBK) and since they are being treated now as legacy I thought that these 3 services just stopped supporting it. Everything else (Flingo, Facebook, Tune In, etc) work just fine. Has anyone encountered this?

I had 1.06.42_B and rolled back to 1.06.16_B. But still have the same problem. I have a Xbox 360 connected to the same router where I can access Netflix, Hulu and Youtube without problem. I don't know if flashing it with 1.05.04_B-WDLXTV-Plus-0.5.1.1 will solve the problem.
salomon_grundy
WDTVer

Re: Has Netflix, Hulu and Youtube removed support to WD TV P   

Postby KAD » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:43 pm

closed, Please dont double post
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Return to Discussion