YoutubeHD Issue - The media format is not supported.

General WDLXTV-Plus forum

YoutubeHD Issue - The media format is not supported.   

Postby molsongolden01 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:24 am

Hi,
I am new and I just loaded the 1.05.04_B_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_PLUS-0.5.1.1 on my WD Live Plus device. It installed perfect… I then go to load YouTube Videos and many say that you cannot play on TV connected device. So I researched and seen that you need to enable YouTubeHD. I followed all the instructions and now I go to play most videos and get a new message.

The media format is not supported. I can play the regular videos that I could before the YoutubeHD ok but not the other ones. I checked and many post are old regarding this. I did see someone show the get proxies so hope this means something.

Please any help would be appreciated !!

--2014-03-15 11:21:17-- https://svn.wdlxtv.com/svn/wdlxtv-live/trunk/usr/share/ webend/youtube-proxy/youtubeHD.php
Resolving svn.wdlxtv.com... 82.148.221.23, 2a02:120:4004::23
Connecting to svn.wdlxtv.com|82.148.221.23|:443... connected.
WARNING: cannot verify svn.wdlxtv.com's certificate, issued by `/C=NL/O=Next Dim ension Innovations/L=Amsterdam/CN=svn.wdlxtv.com':
Self-signed certificate encountered.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 12722 (12K) [text/plain]
Saving to: `/tmp/youtubeHD.php'

100%[======================================>] 12,722 45.6K/s in 0.3s

2014-03-15 11:21:19 (45.6 KB/s) - `/tmp/youtubeHD.php' saved [12722/12722]

--2014-03-15 11:21:19-- https://svn.wdlxtv.com/svn/wdlxtv-live/trunk/usr/share/ webend/live365-proxy/shoutcast.php
Resolving svn.wdlxtv.com... 82.148.221.23, 2a02:120:4004::23
Connecting to svn.wdlxtv.com|82.148.221.23|:443... connected.
WARNING: cannot verify svn.wdlxtv.com's certificate, issued by `/C=NL/O=Next Dim ension Innovations/L=Amsterdam/CN=svn.wdlxtv.com':
Self-signed certificate encountered.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 14883 (15K) [text/plain]
Saving to: `/tmp/shoutcast.php'

100%[======================================>] 14,883 --.-K/s in 0.1s
molsongolden01
n00b

Re: YoutubeHD Issue - The media format is not supported.   

Postby petermg » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:59 pm

What videos are you having trouble playing? I don't recall having many (if any) problems playing any youtube videos, even 1080P ones and I'm using the same firmware you are.
petermg
WDTVer

Postby KAD » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:33 pm

he doesn't have youtube HD enabled
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby molsongolden » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:56 pm

It looks like the ones I could not play that said they were not playable for tv connected devices are the ones. Before I enabled YoutubeHD.

and yes it is activated. It shows on the screen (logo) and the switcher shows HD in config file.

My wife wants to watch ABBA - take a chance on me (not my choice)and it does not play.

Also the the official video of Capital Cities - Safe and sound...

Many I try give that message....
molsongolden
n00b

Postby molsongolden » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:57 pm

FYI... If I update to the real latest firmware, they play no problem but the Youtube Interface sucks big time...
molsongolden
n00b

Postby petermg » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:18 am

molsongolden wrote:FYI... If I update to the real latest firmware, they play no problem but the Youtube Interface sucks big time...

Can you actually play a youtube video with the latest firmware WITHOUT it rebooting the device? I had been using the official latest firmware for a while but went back to wdlxtv firmware because Youtube was absolutely unusable! Everytime it finished a video, BAM! My WDTV LIVE PLUS would reboot! Got sick of it so I went back and I'm glad I did. If it's working for you I'd be curious to know why it wasn't working for me. I even did a factory reset and still didn't fix it. So again, I went back to the wdlxtv firmware.
petermg
WDTVer

Postby mad_ady » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:42 am

Hold on guys - there are several types of youtube videos - regular videos and music videos. Music videos (especially from VEVO channels) are a particular headache because youtube implemented a signing algorthim designed to only allow you access if you are using a web browser. They have some javascript code embedded in the page that will compute a signature for you that you must supply in the video's URL. Now, the first iterations were easy to hack, but youtube got smart or desperate and they started to change their signing code much more frequently - I think it currently changes every few hours, so you can't have a static code to calculate the signature (and most command-line tools don't execute javascript code). There are some programs that have overcome this problem (like dentex's Youtube Downloader for Android), but I haven't had the time to implement his changes in our youtube code.

So, for now, youtube playback of protected videos is not possible, sorry. Hopefully I will find the time to finish everything I started one day (so far it looks like I'll have to wait until retirement) :D
mad_ady
Developer

Postby molsongolden » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:39 pm

Sorry yes the stupid new firmware does reboot the device every time and it does not save previous searches. That is why I loaded the wdlxtv firmware. I only meant that the videos I wanted to play worked with it.

Thanks Mad_ady for the info. I now know I am not crazy !!

Thanks everyone.... I will check back for updates since most videos I want to play are protected....
molsongolden
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:41 am

I will update the youtubeHD and youtube subscription thread once I manage to fix it... But don't hold your breaths yet...
mad_ady
Developer

Postby rmbell » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:59 pm

Thanks for working on this for all of us, mad_ady! Just ran into this issue today.
rmbell
n00b

Next

Return to Discussion