Can no longer log onto YouTube Account

General WDLXTV-Plus forum

Can no longer log onto YouTube Account   

Postby jctl2 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:20 pm

I recently had to completely reinstall my WDLXTV firmware, and lost my youtube login info. Now, I cannot login to my youtube account under the internet media section. I get an "invalid username or password. Please try again" error. I've searched for a solution on the forums, but have had no luck. I've tried changing my password so it has no special characters, that did not work. I've tried my youtube user name and my google email address, with and without the "gmail.com," and none of that works, either. Any help would be appreciated.
jctl2
n00b

Re: Can no longer log onto YouTube Account   

Postby nafnist » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:04 pm

It might be because of Google+ integration.

Go to your youtube account via browser, and see if you can select different aliases. See if you have gotten a generic mail for youtube profile/alias ending in @pages.plusgoogle.com
Try signing in with that mail as username instead.
nafnist
WDTVer

Postby petermg » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:42 pm

nafnist wrote:It might be because of Google+ integration.

Go to your youtube account via browser, and see if you can select different aliases. See if you have gotten a generic mail for youtube profile/alias ending in @pages.plusgoogle.com
Try signing in with that mail as username instead.

I'm having the same issued. I tried with my "@pages.plusgoogle.com" email, but still no go :( :oops: :cry:
Anyone successful in logging into their YouTube account with the latest wdlxtv firmware 0.5.1.1? :D
petermg
WDTVer

Postby EvilWayz » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:28 am

Same issue here, I've tried using my username, my google account and the weird pages.plusgoogle.com, and nothing.
EvilWayz
WDTVer

Postby inspiron » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:12 am

Hi,

i have the same problem.
Firmware is 1.05.04_0.5.2.0
I try procedure described in http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/Youtube_subscriptions
using username including the @pages.googleplus.com. But it doesn't work!
inspiron
n00b

Postby Fred-Bear » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:27 pm

I too tried everything above and more with no success as well (created a new account, edited the account_list.xml , etc)

I was also fighting getting my netflix to work. So the solution I found for netflix involved having to go back to factory firmware. While I had the factory firmware installed, I tried logging in to my youtube account. The method that was used was was not username/password, it was an activation code (something like ABCD-EFGH)that was given via the youtube app. I then, while logged into my account on my PC, was told to go to http://www.youtube.com/activate where I was told to enter that code. Everything synced up, and all my subs, history, etc was available on the WDTV.

It appears that the WDLXTV firmware lacks something in logging in that the factory firmware possess? ? I did go back to the lastest WDLXTV firmware, and Netflix worked great.... but could not login again to youtube account using the username/password setup.

Any ideas? ?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Fred-Bear
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:09 am

The youtube version in 1.06 is quite different than the one on 1.05. Hopefully I will have time soon to work on porting wdlxtv to 1.06 and fix this issue.

In the mean time you can still use youtube subscriptions on 1.05 (umsp), press search on the remote and find interesting videos on yt while logged in.
mad_ady
Developer

Return to Discussion