Movie Sheets - Thumbgen etc.

General WDLXTV-Plus forum

Movie Sheets - Thumbgen etc.   

Postby Globespy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:04 pm

I've spent more than enough hours trying to find a way to have 'Wall' movie sheet display on my WDLXTV Live Plus running 1.05.04 (latest firmware).
My WDTV is connected to my router and accesses my movie collection stored on a Windows Home Server (HP Mediasmart running Windows Server 2003).
I'd hoped to use a laptop to log in directly to the WDTV (based on it's IP address), which I did, and found the setup menu - however there are not apps or plugins that have anything to do with Thumbgen or movie sheets? In fact there is no 'OSD' tab, which seems to be referenced in the following thread:

http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/How_to_use_Movie_sheets_v2

Does this guide assume that I have a custom OSD theme on a thumb drive that is always kept in the USB drive of the WDTV (as is the case with Picto 2 and Picto 3 - the USB stick must ALWAYS remain in the WDTV)?

I watched a range of youtube videos and can't find one that makes any sense, let alone for the Live Plus. Some talk about 'flashing' the movie sheets onto the WDTV, but without an OSD tab how do I access them?

What I'm doing right now is I've installed Thumbgen on my WHS using a remote desktop connection (it's a headless device with no VGA connection), then copied templates I found on these forums into the correct place in the Thumbgen installation directory. I opened Thumbgen and made the relevant selections, including choosing the imported templates, made sure the total sheet size was below 512000 bytes (I set to 500000 bytes to ensure below 500kb), selected the folders on my server that contain all the movies, and am in the process of having Thumbgen find the information, which it is doing right now - I have a lot of media so it will be some hours before it is finished.

Will this result in the WDTV showing the movie information in the selected movie sheet template? If my server and WDTV are on 24/7 will this be an acceptable and efficient (fast movement between movies without loading times) solution?

I don't quite understand many of the guides I've read that talk about copying ONLY the S00 file onto a thumb drive after upgrading to B-Rad (or other) custom firmware, and then adding some code to the file before then inserting the thumb drive in the WDTV and rebooting to 'flash it'? In the B-rad custom firmware I see there are 2 S00 files in the 'extra' folder. I'm assuming the file that needs to be changed is the 'S00 custom-options' file? If I want a 'Wall' layout what do I need to change/insert?
I don't understand how Thumbgen and the templates fit in here as no-one mentions how or if Thumbgen is to be installed on the WDTV? I am assuming that Thumbgen is installed on the drive containing the movies, the server in my case?

Or is an easier solution to use Thumbgen in the manner I'm using it WITHOUT selecting any templates, and then copy one of the OSD .bin files onto a thumb stick and reboot my WDTV?

Appreciate all and any help.
Thanks.
Globespy
n00b

Re: Movie Sheets - Thumbgen etc.   

Postby recliq » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:15 am

1) Open the webinterface of WDTV in your browser, you should see something like this:

2) Then click on the 2nd icon from the right in the top row (WDLXTV Config also known as WEC) and it should open a new window/tap with this:

Is it really that hard to find?
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby mad_ady » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:27 am

Wow, recliq posting screenshots of the webend? The aliens must have replaced him with a clone... :lol:
mad_ady
Developer

Postby recliq » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:17 am

Didn't have the time for doing this in ASCII art... ;P
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Return to Discussion