1.05.04_B-WDLXTV-Plus-0.5.1.1 discussion

General WDLXTV-Plus forum

Re: 1.05.04_B-WDLXTV-Plus-0.5.1.1 discussion   

Postby mad_ady » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:30 pm

Well, the feature you are talking about isn't/should be related to a specific firmware. The only way (without wdtvext support) that that could be achieved would be something like this:

Build an app.bin that starts a daemon on system startup. The daemon keeps reading the dmaosd.log file watching which file is currently selected. After a specified timeout with a selected file, the script could look for the sheet and extract the %Trailer% tag (but I'm not sure how that link is stored - after all a sheet is just a jpg image - it might be parsable in the tgmd file though), and start playback through a youtube-helper script.

There are several problems with this approach from the start:
1. From 1.05 onwards, the dmaosd.log file no longer updates in real time (it's buffered). it will only write new data to the log once enough data is in the buffer. So, it will probably miss all cues that a file is selected or that the selection changed.
2. There is no way for you to control when a file plays. Also, you would need special logic so that if you leave the selection on a file, you don't play that trailer in a loop.

This should be considered as a separate project. It may not be impossible, but it could be a bit bulky...
mad_ady
Developer

Postby reinaldoml » Sat May 24, 2014 8:07 am

Hello buy a tv wd used in USA, WDBABX000NBK, now living in Colombia but I can not see netflix, I understand that is a problem of region, there is a way to correct it and to use netflix in Colombia, thanks
reinaldoml
n00b

Postby carlo1973 » Sat May 24, 2014 1:21 pm

This isn't an issue with the WDLXTV.

My suggestion would be to look up for a proxy or vpn service,

There are free services out there, but you will be limited to bandwidth and data.

There is also apparently a trick by changing the DNS numbers on your router, in order to get access to netflix from outside of Canada and the USA, but I have not been able to get it to work and the numbers keep changing constantly enough to make this option less than ideal.

Here are my Google search stings - hope it helps:

Proxy services:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=get+american+netflix+proxy&oq=get+american+netflix+proxy&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l4.9282j0j8&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

VPN Services:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=get+american+netflix+proxy&oq=get+american+netflix+proxy&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l4.9282j0j8&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=get+american+netflix+VPN

DNS Services:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=get+american+netflix+proxy&oq=get+american+netflix+proxy&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l4.9282j0j8&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=get+american+netflix+DNS

In terms of configuration and which would be best for your situation, you should get a good understanding of the features of your router equipment and/or the modem your using.

I'm not sure how to configure the WDLXTV to connect via VPN or Proxy (I am certain I saw proxy settings the last time I changed settings on it - which was like 3 years ago).

I believe some routers also allow you to automatically connect to VPN service for a device on a specific IP within your subnet, but as mentioned above, you will need to know what your equipment is capable of and how to set those settings, no one here will be able to tell you how to configure your own equipment. Advice given here is specific to the WDLXTV and WDLXTV-PLUS.
carlo1973
Donor

Postby morcego » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:27 am

Wanted to comment about the download links for last flash version

Unfortunatelly one of the links is not working and the other one force you to download an application instead of the real zip file with a bunch of trojans and malware in it. This is for 1.05.04_B-WDLXTV-Plus-0.5.1.1 [flash]
by b-rad.cc » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:17 pm
morcego
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:11 pm

Those links are probably outdated. You can get the firmware links from this mirror (listed in the wiki): http://wdlxtv.my-mirror.eu/
mad_ady
Developer

Previous

Return to Discussion