Propose UPDATED LIST of UMSP plugins

UMSP Plugin Depot, the place for sharing plugins & info about them. No requests, just plugins/code.

Propose UPDATED LIST of UMSP plugins   

Postby Magik » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:45 am

Hi there,

I was wondering is there a new updated list of the UMSP plugins that currently work? Perhaps this would be the place to put it.....

I have gone through a wide range of the plugins and most seem to be vacant of developers and have fallen by the way-side.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has managed to get Wdflix working again, and much movies. Also if you know a plugin that works and have a how to you can put it in here.
Magik
n00b

Re: Propose UPDATED LIST of UMSP plugins   

Postby Magik » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:31 pm

Gather very few of the wdlxtv plugins are working now, does noone else thing it would be a good idea to update the repo?

NASATV is discontinued (broken) whatever you want to call it - No longer working
Oggie is working on geting much Movies working again

I believe IPTV works but otherwise a lot of the plugins are not working and have been abandoned for more reliable means of downloading and watching

wdflix seems dead as well - pretty much all the ice films and noobroom stuff is dead
Last edited by Magik on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Magik
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:49 am

It's not very efficient to keep this list in the forum. In a few weeks you'll loose interest and abandon it. :(

We implemented a feature called UMSP_STATISTICS in the newest firmwares (0.5.2.2) which send back messages to a server when users access various plugins. More messages usually indicate more active plugin, so most likely they are working. Plugins with few accesses are probably abandoned or not working.

If you enable this feature for your WDTV, you'll see the results in Addon Manager -> UMSP tab:

This way, the system is self-correcting. You just need to convince users to enable UMSP_STATISTICS (it's off by default).
mad_ady
Developer

Postby Magik » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:05 pm

yup I've been through all of that,

Issue is that generally the green statitistics are going well, however even reading the forums i'm having difficulty setting up the green ones.

Plus the only ones that seem to have a lot of users are iptv ones, everything else seems abandoned.
Magik
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:21 pm

Unfortunately, that's pretty much the current state. There are few UMSP developers left around to maintain the plugins. Most developers and users have migrated to other platforms (e.g. it may be easier to share a video from your phone to be played by the WDTV through DLNA than to maintain the UMSP plugin)...
mad_ady
Developer

Postby Magik » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:29 pm

Ah so are you saying USMP plugins are now obsolete compared to newer methods?

I have set up the mt-daapd app.bin to server to itunes ( I find that useful) and mini dlna is a great little media streamer along with transmission for the torrents.

but I was searching for some pay per view channels and was hoping to see them in USMP plugins.

If not I'll stick with downloading via torrent and serving to my PS3 in the lounge by way of minidlna. It works, but is nothing like ice films etc etc.

I did like the NASA TV, it was interesting to say the least.
Magik
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:08 am

The plugins are mostly dead because the user base has migrated to other devices or have smarter/more configurable devices in their network which can do the job (e.g. screen mirroring from an android tablet to a smart tb). So, there are only a few plugin developers around who mostly have their plugins for their own use and this is why they keep them alive.

Torrenting and watching offline will always be a better option IMHO.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby Magik » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:22 am

Yes it seems that way, currently I am using transmission to the directory of my routers shared usb drive. The router has a minidlna media server which can be viewed on the wdlxtv so it suits my purposes.

Pity the ice films plugin was discontinued because the website offers a lot of films for any user.

Perhaps oggie will get much movies working again as I found that useful. Anyway appreciate your replies and time.
Magik
n00b

Postby Magik » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:36 pm

Final point,

The plugins list is pretty much dead. Maybe much movies or iptv works.

oggie, mad-addy and DJarty are the only guys aorund
Magik
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:42 pm

If you have interest in supporting a specific site and you have the time you too can learn to develop your plugin. I can help you get started and if you get stuck, but I don't have the time to develop (or watch) other plugins.
mad_ady
Developer

Return to UMSP Plugins