[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Youtube3

Youtube3

UMSP Plugin Depot, the place for sharing plugins & info about them. No requests, just plugins/code.

Re: Youtube3   

Postby mad_ady » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:56 pm

Yeah, issue is known. Hope to solve it soon...
mad_ady
Developer

Postby mad_ady » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:47 pm

mad_ady
Developer

Postby willsguise » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:48 am

Hi Mad

Brilliant! :) I have just tested the plugin and it is working fine, except for the Vevo videos (which does not personally concern me) . I have been able to search, find and play an amusing clip in which the whole Periodic Table is sung to the Cancan from Offenbach's Orpheus in the Underworld. A lot of elements seem to have been added to the Table since I was at school. I was also able to play videos from my subscription channels and favourites. I have a 40 inch TV and the picture quality on that is very good. So hearty congratulations on a job very well done.
Best Wishes
William
willsguise
n00b

Postby scorpio.sar » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:05 am

Device: WDLXTV_LIVE
FW Base: 1.05.04
Current version: 0.5.2.2
scorpio.sar
n00b

Postby jakeb » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:18 pm

jakeb
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:18 pm

I'd appreciate the elements song you found. My favorite is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYW50F42ss8 :)

To play VEVO clips you will also need the python.app.bin (see the first post).

The best video quality you can get is 720p, because youtube stopped providing 1080p as MP4 with sound (there are different streams for video/audio that you'd need to mux together). VEVO clips are limited to 360p because I can see most don't have MP4 with higher quality (higher quality either has different codecs or different - webm - formats).

For the new video subscriptions feature (the one that Youtube's v3 API doesn't implement), I plan on using an external project to do the legwork: https://github.com/ali1234/ytsubs/blob/master/ytsubs.py Again, you'll need python.app.bin for this to work. Will let you know when it should work. I haven't looked in the favorite channels not showing up.

I will also have to test search. Can you provide some search terms?
mad_ady
Developer

Postby willsguise » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:52 am

[quote="mad_ady"]I'd appreciate the elements song you found. My favorite is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYW50F42ss8 :)

Here is the link to the elements song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUDDiWtFtEM

How would I download and install python. app.bin?

This may be relevant to jakeb too: To do my searches I clicked on the search thumbnail in the app and then used the search function on the remote. E.g. Having clicked on the search thumbnail, I pressed the search button on the remote, used the onscreen keyboard to type in "Nottingham Trams" and, after about twenty seconds loading, was presented with a long list of tram videos about ten of which were about Nottingham's new tram extension. I selected one and it played very well.

I look forward to further developments.

All the best.
willsguise
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:24 am

Heh, I'm nerdy enough to say I knew that one :) I'm an ASAPScience subscriber :)

I updated the first post with prerequisite information to include where to get the python.app.bin.

The search function should work with the remote only (or by clicking search).
mad_ady
Developer

Postby jakeb » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:40 am

jakeb
n00b

Postby willsguise » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:23 am

willsguise
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to UMSP Plugins