UMSP Plugin: IPTV SMP - playing iptv streams on Gen3 Gen4 WD

UMSP Plugin Depot, the place for sharing plugins & info about them. No requests, just plugins/code.

UMSP Plugin: IPTV SMP - playing iptv streams on Gen3 Gen4 WD   

Postby DJArty » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:11 pm

IPTV SMP - playing iptv streams on Gen3 with Palace alternative 2.01.86-EXT3_Palace_Stock_Plus-0.0.7.

Related with IPTVv3 but adopted for playing iptv streams on WD TV Live Streaming (aka Gen3, SMP).
P/N: WDBGXT0000NBK, WDBHG70000NBK

Upd. v4.07
WD Gen4 players support added.
So if your device has model numbers WDBYMN0000NBK, WDBPUF0000NBK try 1.01.30-EXT3_Liverpool_Plus-0.1.4 and this IPTVSMP plugin.

In general, this version - some lightweight and adapted for the SMP version of IPTVv3.
Namely - the engine cut out the "Program guide" which was based on WDTVExt engine. Since the latter only works full on firmware 1.2.21 but dont work normally on 1.05.04 and Palace, then decided to cut it. Thus - logos are loaded, the program under the channel - no.
Maybe in the future I will do the program in the channel name may come up with something new. INNAME now does not work, AutoZoom too, because it is not yet clear mechanism in the SMP.

On the positive side, respectively, on the performance of the entire line WD TV LIVE firmware from 01.02.21 to Palace, fastest because cut off demons, for fans of minimalism in this version - usual slider and no start video.

New after #EXTINF: key rules
-1 : use by default for all (for mpeg4, HD, mpeg2, m3u8, rtmp - not speedup start)
-1 mpeg2 : use for mpeg2 only channels - speedup mpeg2 channel start 4-8 sec
-1 mpeg4 : use for mpeg4, HD channels - not speedup (same like -1)
0 : use for direct link to static files like .mkv, .avi etc.

So you personal playlist.m3u must looks like:
Code: Select all
#EXTINF:-1, Channel1
http://..ip1..../.../
#EXTINF:-1, Channel2
http://..ip2..../.../

Also, for lazy people, who cant edit own playlist - you can temporarily set IPTVV3_PLAYKEY to -1 and channels mainly must work.
But if want use maximum power: return IPTVV3_PLAYKEY to NA and edit own playlist step by step from channel to channel according channel codec (use VLC player to figure out what codec used by channel).

Keys are similar with IPTVv3 so if IPTV SMP will be more fit, you can use the old keys.

The main manual is still relevant for this version (except for items that are excluded)so that those who first encounters with IPTV plugin for WD TV Live / WD TV Live Streaming study manual carefully here: http://djarty.pp.ua/wdtv/index_en.html.

Follow Twitter: Image DJArtyUA <- and know in time about new plugin version.
Last edited by DJArty on Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
WD TV Live (1.02.21-WDLXTV-0.4.7.3);
Please Donate PayPal to email: djartyua ( a t ) gmail (d o t) com
WebMoney: WMZ114867333413
DJArty
Developer

Re: UMSP Plugin: IPTV SMP - playing iptv streams on Gen3 Pal   

Postby sorb » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:36 am

am getting the error as "Unable to play the selected file" i am trying to play the playlistsample uploaded by you. I can see a list of channels but it wont play.
I have SMP Gen3 and i am using the latest version by KAD (2.01.86-EXT3_Palace_Stock_Plus-0.0.7)
sorb
DLX'er

Postby DJArty » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:43 am

All links in playlistsample - only for sample - how to right describe channel links into m3u playlist - of course this links can not work anymore (two years gone). But many channels from Additional Content must be played normally, some of them - rtmp links.

I give engine for playing http:// udp:// rtmp:// streams - IPTV SMP (or IPTVv3).
User side - use own playlists, links for looking what user want to look using own WD TV Live.
In Additional Content - example iptv streams аor those who do not understand what is iptv.
DJArty
Developer

Postby KAD » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:15 am

I'm currious if anybody has seen this behavior

UMSP disappears while browsing content inside this plugin
message on screen "content source has been disconnected"
and sure enough UMSP is not under media servers anymore

Initially I was thinking maybe need to change UMSP broadcast from every 3 seconds to 2 seconds

but so far, it seems to only happen with this plugin other plugins do not seem to be effected

also as soon as next UMSP broadcast is sent UMSP appears again
which means just simple return to main menu, then by the time you go back to media servers, UMSP is present again
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby DJArty » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:07 am

Do nothing with UMSP broadcast. (and you can see this if start this plug on old live - no problem like this)
But see some problem exactly SMP related.
Its like arround httpd vs apache
I think some process reset http server processes.
Looks like udpxy runned on SMP dropped connection.
Or php proxy runned on SMP reseted after some time from side process or some php runtime timeout..
Need time to research.
DJArty
Developer

Postby KAD » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:43 am

here's a beta thread, place to discuss issues with webend and proposed changes and input for SMP firmware
http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=8816
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby DJArty » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:16 pm

v4.02 m3u8 support fix for SMP. (buffer overload)
DJArty
Developer

Postby ksebak » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:32 am

Hi all,
I'm a bit of a newbie in terms of IPTV but just trying to educate myself as much as possible..
I have to say great work with the plugins djarty and all others who have had contributed to this website

Have run into a problem now and cant seem to find a workaround.

I have followed all instructions but have received "Unable to play selected file type" message when playing through IPTV SMP. ( Links are rtmp://)

The links I am using work through TV streaming application playing through .m3u file

Same file has been placed in root directory of flash drive in WD Live WDBHG70000NBK all in proper format

I am using 2.01.86-EXT3_Palace_Plus-0.0.8

I am able to play the additional content folder without any problems.

Would appreciate any help if possible
Thanks
ksebak
n00b

Postby DJArty » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:10 pm

rtmp:// must be in some special format if it have special options - better way to announce your link. (email if don't want public).
DJArty
Developer

Postby ksebak » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:37 pm

Here is contents of playlist file

#EXTM3U

#EXTINF:-1,Sportnet ontario

rtmp://$OPT:rtmp-raw=rtmp://31.220.0.195:1935/live playpath=snontar swfUrl=http://p.jwpcdn.com/6/8/jwplayer.flash.swf live=1 pageUrl=http://www.eucast.tv/embed.php?live=snontar&vw=620&vh=490

I am using a program called Simple TV on my computer which pulls in playlist file with no problem

Suggestions?

Thanks much appreciated
ksebak
n00b

Next

Return to UMSP Plugins