WDflix

UMSP Plugin Depot, the place for sharing plugins & info about them. No requests, just plugins/code.

Re: WDflix   

Postby Gui » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:37 am

# WDflix Update - Kids Playlist (Movies & Tv shows)
Gui
Developer

Postby dchavez » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:40 pm

Gui wrote:# WDflix Update - Kids Playlist (Movies & Tv shows)

Thanks! This seems to work well. Unfortunately Noobroom plugin seems to have been broken since they added the Premium service. I'm now seeing "No Valid Servers Available" when requesting to change server, even though free server 6 (Miami) works fine through their website. Hopefully somebody will be able to fix this soon... :-)
dchavez
n00b

Postby slggl » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:15 pm

Tried your plugin yesterday...
I was not able to play most of the content...
Almost everything gives me an "error fetching the url", "unsupported file format", blank screen or is loading to infinity...

Then i tried the search function...When searching on Icefilms, same erros as above...
Finally i was able to play content that was found on Navi-X....Good enough i thought....720p video file...First 10 minutes playing nicely...
But then stuttering starts....No audio...I can hit the pause button...Wait a few secs..Unpause...Video plays fine for a few seconds...Audio is back...But then stuttering starts again...It keeps doing that over and over again...Not watchable anymore...
Is this a buffering issue?
Since this is a stream it has to be buffered somewhere...720p video file should be some gigs in size...Where is this stored while streaming?
Its not using my HDD....
WAREZ_USB setting in WEC is for subtitles and not the path where temp files are stored, right?
WDLXTV_LIVE 1.05.04_0.5.1.1
slggl
DLX'er

Postby brotato » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:01 pm

i maybe able to offer some experience based input on your usage.

slggl wrote:Tried your plugin yesterday...
I was not able to play most of the content...
Almost everything gives me an "error fetching the url", "unsupported file format", blank screen or is loading to infinity...
this can stem from many things, but your best bet is finding a file host that outputs a steady 200kbp/s or higher, like putlocker, movreel, 180upload etc. selecting random videos with the search button generally doesn't work out well for me. the file may also have been removed since we live in an era of digital millennium copyright act take downs leaving nothing for your wdtv to access for play.

Then i tried the search function...When searching on Icefilms, same erros as above...
i've had little success with icefilms on the whole lately, it generally times out at loading the latest/recent releases and their file host offerings aren't the greatest. i would suggest using the gui movie25 offering if possible or for tv the projectfree listing in the movie/tv pack

Finally i was able to play content that was found on Navi-X....Good enough i thought....720p video file...First 10 minutes playing nicely...
But then stuttering starts....No audio...I can hit the pause button...Wait a few secs..Unpause...Video plays fine for a few seconds...Audio is back...But then stuttering starts again...It keeps doing that over and over again...Not watchable anymore...
Is this a buffering issue?
yes, this is likely a file host bottleneck dipping well below the 200kbp/s threshold required to maintain smooth streaming unless of course you also have bad internet. again you will need to find quality file hosting best suited to you which is rare now that megaupload is dead, putlocker works best for me. also the wdtv cannot stream 720p mkv files since it is not supported or at least implemented in this plugin and it will bring up a not supported error so stick to the standard definition.

Since this is a stream it has to be buffered somewhere...720p video file should be some gigs in size...Where is this stored while streaming?
Its not using my HDD....
WAREZ_USB setting in WEC is for subtitles and not the path where temp files are stored, right?
no idea, good question would be curious the answer.
brotato
DLX'er

Postby Gui » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:52 pm

I'm not the wdflix plugin creator i just helped to add kids playlist and movie25 so i can't answer most of the questions.

As brotato said my experience tells me that putlocker tends to be the best host.
Wireless, slow internet connections and servers overloaded could also be the cause of the stuttering.

Regarding WAREZ_USB this is not a wdflix feature i believe you're making confusion with wareztuga plugin ( http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=7092 )

OFFTOPIC:
In this case if you put the right path in WAREZ_USB and choose PTSUBS or OTHERSUBS the movie and the subtitle will be downloaded to the path as wdlxtv.mkv and wdlxtv.srt
If you choose no subtitles it will stream directly without download.
Gui
Developer

Postby slggl » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:22 pm

brotato wrote:....but your best bet is finding a file host that outputs a steady 200kbp/s or higher, like putlocker, movreel, 180upload etc..

How? I did not have the option to choose a hoster in the plugin itself or the wec...

brotato wrote:also the wdtv cannot stream 720p mkv files since it is not supported or at least implemented in this plugin and it will bring up a not supported error so stick to the standard definition.

Im not 100% sure about the file beeing really 720p, but judging by the picture quality and the videotitle that says 720p i would say it was...

Gui wrote:Wireless, slow internet connections and servers overloaded could also be the cause of the stuttering.
Regarding WAREZ_USB this is not a wdflix feature i believe you're making confusion with wareztuga plugin ( http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=7092 )

Wired 16.000 Kbits/s connection here...I also tried different files with same quality (from different hosters and servers i guess)...
Same problem with all of them...
Dont have the wareztuga plugin installed...The feature appeared in wdflix section in WEC after installing wdflix...
slggl
DLX'er

Postby brotato » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:43 pm

you will see the file hoster names listed on things like icefilms/movie25 and maybe one other contained in navi-x. test out all of them and see which ones work. if it starts streaming and begins to buffer you'll know that is a skip and if it continues after 5 minutes chances are it's a keeper.
brotato
DLX'er

Postby Gui » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:25 am

slggl wrote:Dont have the wareztuga plugin installed...The feature appeared in wdflix section in WEC after installing wdflix...

Sorcery
Gui
Developer

Postby slggl » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:12 am

Gui wrote:Sorcery

Indeed....I wait for the "this is photoshoped!" comment haha...

brotato wrote:you will see the file hoster names listed on things like icefilms/movie25 and maybe one other contained in navi-x. test out all of them and see which ones work. if it starts streaming and begins to buffer you'll know that is a skip and if it continues after 5 minutes chances are it's a keeper.

Icefilms still gives me "error fetching url"....But i was able to access Movie25 for the first time today with all the hosters listed i could choose from....Streams smooth from putlocker so far...
slggl
DLX'er

Postby recliq » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:54 am

the SVN server acted wired, maybe there was a problem packing the plugins correctly. Please reboot the WDTV and try again.
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

PreviousNext

Return to UMSP Plugins