UMSP Plugin Development

Discussion, features, plugins--everything about zoster's UMSP UPnP Media Server software

Re: UMSP Plugin Development   

Postby recliq » Tue May 10, 2011 3:28 am

I'll check the changes in when i find some time tomorrow.
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

plugin makes screen turn off   

Postby maxkamenev540 » Sun May 22, 2011 7:40 am

Hello guys,

We have writen a plugin for the http://barbos.tv website. It seems to work in the webbrowser by accessing http://192.168.0.*/umsp/umsp-test.php. All functionality works just fine. However when we try it live on the screen which is connected by HDMI cable it makes the screen black and stops showing anything. The device continues to work via SSH though. Anyone has any idea?

Thanks in advance
Max
maxkamenev540
n00b

Postby DJArty » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:37 pm

Hi!
Is there any way to switch modes "list view" "thumbnail view" for UMSP items via UMSP Plugin php code?
Ok, its possible to emulate button press, but may be exist right easy method, some "global key" etc.?
Last edited by DJArty on Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
WD TV Live (1.02.21-WDLXTV-0.4.7.3);
Please Donate PayPal to email: djartyua ( a t ) gmail (d o t) com
WebMoney: WMZ114867333413
DJArty
Developer

Postby recliq » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:28 am

I don't think so, guess you have to emulate key presses we need to do this for search as well if i remember right.
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby shunte » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:49 am

you can change mode from via options on the remote, a thumb click or two away

adding a menu option to do the same may reduce the number of clicks but adds yet another menu to scroll to/through

I've surfaced search options on initial menus for several of the plug-ins but its really just a helper given either method requires use of the remote and clicking an option

The story is a little different if you're not using the stock remote and these menu options definitely come into play

My vote would be for simplification and reduction in screen clutter, plus the fact that the WD switches mode automagically for several of its functions - e.g. search always renders in list mode.

I've made the search button a configurable item on some but not all of the plug-ins I've worked on so that puts a foot firmly in both camps
If you like the work I do please feel free to make a donation to the Red Cross
shunte
Developer

Postby DJArty » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:08 am

"search always renders in list mode." what does this mean? Search button don't work if thumb mode selected?
Lets see what I want:
1 step Global UMSP menu in thumb mode (or user settings)
2 step switch to "list mode" on 1st level my plug (no thumbnails so list mode more comfortable)
3 step go into selected container and show many items/containers in "thumb mode" so need to switch to thumbmode.
4 step go into selected container. switch to "list mode" show items in list mode...

This is because "thumb mode" looks good in one situations but not so good in other.
I know how to switch modes via remote ;) but user may be dont know even its possible, so do some work for him automatically.
One way "ir injections" and looks like no other way for now? that is the question :)
DJArty
Developer

Postby shunte » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:22 am

search always renders in list mode means exactly that - you don't get thumbs on your search results - the WD does that automagically
ir injection is being used to bring up search via the menu options we've put in play so is very much possible
several examples of the implementation can be found in SVN, see apple-trailers for one
I'm sure what you're suggesting is feasible but given the mode is a toggle it may be difficult to determine and maintain state - we know you can do it though ;)
Good luck
If you like the work I do please feel free to make a donation to the Red Cross
shunte
Developer

Postby mad_ady » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:45 am

Yeah, there's no way I know of to read the state of the display - how do you know it is rendered in list mode or thumbnail mode?

And, in my opinion, the choice between thumbnail and list mode is best left to the user. Some users might prefer always thumbnail mode because they may be viewing the screen from a great distance (and can't read the text). Others might find it more helpful to use just list mode (I use list mode exclusively).

And there's another issue. Once you change modes you can't revert back tot he user's default selection (if he presses Home, or uses Back inside the plugin your plugin code will not be called and they will have the same mode - the last one - on their screen).
mad_ady
Developer

Postby DJArty » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:07 pm

Yes.. need to monitor "Back" button or detect the current state of viewmode..
Strange thing - sometimes "back" working normal and switch mode to previous state.(may be just more time for "forget" previous mode)
DJArty
Developer

Postby mad_ady » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:31 pm

As far as I've seen DMAOSD caches request to the plugin, so for example if you navigate from a specific point in your plugin "Back" -> "Back" -> "Back", the first back output is served from cache (the plugin is not called), and the second and third are called on the plugin. If you navigate "Selection 1" -> "Back" -> "Selection 1" -> "Back" -> "Selection 1", all results will be served from cache and the plugin will not be called once.

This will seriously interfere with your plans, unless DMAOSD also caches the state of the display mode...
mad_ady
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to UMSP Media Server