UMSP Plugin Development

Discussion, features, plugins--everything about zoster's UMSP UPnP Media Server software

Re: UMSP Plugin Development   

Postby shunte » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:04 am

These improvements sound great but I can tell you I don't suffer from having to wade through gobs of stuff I don't use

I actively manage my content and thats the endgame

Once we have a plug-in maintenance mechanism in place and can manage content in a user friendly manner we'll have a better product

Time to get this working or something like it me thinks!, and if you folks remember this was 100% functional but really bogged down the WEC as it would perform an SVN lookup on load - easily solved with a simple manifest/registration solution!

Implementing via a UMSP plug-in was probably not the route to go, it was functional but a little clunky, a webend or WDTVExt flavor would make for a better UX
If you like the work I do please feel free to make a donation to the Red Cross
shunte
Developer

Postby RMerlin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:48 am

avkiev wrote:
RMerlin wrote:what if I made each plugin collapsable (and collapsed by default)?

Good idea.
It would be great if you can implement 4 buttons:
- Collapse All
- Collapse Only Disabled Plugins
- Expand Only Enabled Plugins
- Expand All

Too many buttons, that would make the UI unnecessarily busy, and the code complex.
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider donating.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby RMerlin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:02 pm

Collapsible UMSP plugins on WEC committed to SVN. No UMSP code change required.
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider donating.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby avkiev » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:55 am

RMerlin wrote:Collapsible UMSP plugins on WEC committed to SVN. No UMSP code change required.

Cool ! Thanks !
avkiev
Developer

Postby julian3xl » Mon May 09, 2011 7:33 am

Hi, I'm julian3xl from UMSP-PACK from Spain. I'm rewritting all our plugins to conform with new rules. But I have a problem that I never had before. I always develop testing on umsp-test.php and after on tv all works fine. So, now it doesn't work. On umsp-test.php all works fine but when I test on tv, nothing happens (Media folder is empty or something like this). I look into php errors and I get this:

[03-Jan-2000 23:15:28] PHP Warning: XMLReader::read() [<a href='xmlreader.read'>xmlreader.read</a>]: /usr/share/umsp/:1: parser error : EntityRef: expecting ';' in /usr/share/umsp/funcs-upnp.php on line 16
[03-Jan-2000 23:15:28] PHP Warning: XMLReader::read() [<a href='xmlreader.read'>xmlreader.read</a>]: tentDirectory:1&quot;&gt;&lt;ObjectID&gt;umsp://plugins/umsp-pack?addon=peliculasyonkis&amp;inicio in /usr/share/umsp/funcs-upnp.php on line 16
[03-Jan-2000 23:15:28] PHP Warning: XMLReader::read() [<a href='xmlreader.read'>xmlreader.read</a>]: ^ in /usr/share/umsp/funcs-upnp.php on line 16
[03-Jan-2000 23:15:28] PHP Warning: XMLReader::read() [<a href='xmlreader.read'>xmlreader.read</a>]: An Error Occured while reading in /usr/share/umsp/funcs-upnp.php on line 16
[03-Jan-2000 23:15:28] PHP Warning: XMLReader::read() [<a href='xmlreader.read'>xmlreader.read</a>]: An Error Occured while reading in /usr/share/umsp/funcs-upnp.php on line 6

What happens?
julian3xl
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Mon May 09, 2011 7:53 am

Hello julian,

I too ran into the same errors today while I was making changes in a plugin. The cause is improper encoding of parameters in the id string.
Here is an example of properly encoded parameters: http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=713&start=150#p33645

The best way would be for bagira to make a few changes to umsp-test.php in order to catch this problem.

P.S. The exact same problem has been discussed on this thread, a few pages back: http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=895#p14490 :)
mad_ady
Developer

Postby julian3xl » Mon May 09, 2011 9:29 am

Thanks bro, now it's working.-
julian3xl
n00b

Postby bagira » Mon May 09, 2011 11:39 am

mad_ady wrote:The best way would be for bagira to make a few changes to umsp-test.php in order to catch this problem.

Mad_ady!
Thx for the idea, I already implemented this feautre and sent the latest version of umsp-test to recliq for review and commit into svn. :)
Bagira
bagira
Beta Tester

Postby recliq » Mon May 09, 2011 2:26 pm

­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby mad_ady » Tue May 10, 2011 12:24 am

recliq, would this be a good place/time to push for shunte's fix for first level thumbnails in UMSP?
http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=653&p=32121#p32121

Hopefully they will make it in the new firmware and I can drop my loop mounts.
mad_ady
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to UMSP Media Server