UMSP for Noob

Discussion, features, plugins--everything about zoster's UMSP UPnP Media Server software

UMSP for Noob   

Postby dumplingsauce » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:23 pm

Can someone please help point me in the right direction on how to get UMSP working properly. I'm really a noob at this, please be specific in your directions. I am on Live Plus firmware 5.1.1 , so far i've gone on the webend and installed UMSP plugins, like watchfreamovies, wdflix,etc. Then I go to play these files, but I always get message saying: no media in current folder or I see the media there, but it gives me message, file not compatible, cannot play file, something like that. Please advise.
dumplingsauce
n00b

Re: UMSP for Noob   

Postby recliq » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:55 am

You're on the right track...

Your problems might me related to the specific plugins you are trying.... consult the respecting thread.

You might test UMSP with eg. the IMDB plugin, I think that should always work out of the box, but I haven't played around with UMSP in quite some time...
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby marko.mitic23 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:06 am

Hi i am having the same problem.I have installed custom firmware for WD TV gen 3 and only works movies25.com UMSP plug in,no other one?I enter in UMSP plug in and ther eis nothing to show of video files?Can someone help me?
marko.mitic23
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:11 am

The same advice recliq gave still applies. You should ask on the plugins support thread. Some plugins are abandoned, others don't work, others need extra configuration, so your mileage varies...
mad_ady
Developer

Return to UMSP Media Server