SOLVED: Youtube Log in since Google+ intefered (WDTV Live)

Discussion, features, plugins--everything about zoster's UMSP UPnP Media Server software

SOLVED: Youtube Log in since Google+ intefered (WDTV Live)   

Postby colinpowell » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:29 am

I looked high and low for a valid solution for my inability to log in to the default Youtube client on my WDlxTV Live (both 1.02 and 1.05-base firmwares).

The problem: I could not get Youtube Subscriptions to update. The videos already cached played fine, but no subs were updating.

The solution: Linking my Youtube account to a google+ address, then activating that page for use with Third-party tools within the Google+ settings. This gave me a proper user name and I set a new password for it. I then entered that username, including the @pages.googleplus.com, and the new password in to the WDVTV Youtube client.

Hey-presto, it worked.

I hope this helps any of you that have been pulling your hair out - especially since all the solutions online don't work, calling for you to unlink your youtube page from google+ -- a feature google removed a couple of weeks ago.

Yours always, CP.
colinpowell
n00b

Re: SOLVED: Youtube Log in since Google+ intefered (WDTV Liv   

Postby mad_ady » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:04 am

Glad it works!
This info goes into the wiki: http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/Youtube_subscriptions#Youtube_login_issues
mad_ady
Developer

Return to UMSP Media Server