Custom UMSP Channels

Discussion, features, plugins--everything about zoster's UMSP UPnP Media Server software

Re: Custom UMSP Channels   

Postby nilpez » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:43 pm

Oh?

without EXT3?
How do you get it to work in Plus?
I've found a number of ways to do it and a number of locations for the PHP files to go.
nilpez
Donor

Postby JmactheAttack » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:10 pm

I have a WDTV Live Plus running WDLXTV_PLUS 1.03.29_B and I am having trouble creating a custom UMSP channel.

First off, I do not see a /conf/umsp.php file.
Second, I am able to upload my new channel file (it's actually a TWiT.tv script), but I cannot upload a new media-items.php file because the file-system is read-only. I've been copying the files off of my USB thumb drive

Code: Select all
# cp -i /tmp/media/usb/USB1/BAD3-C516/umsp/media-items.php /var/www/umsp
# cp: overwrite `/var/www/umsp/media-items.php'? y
# cp: cannot create regular file `/var/www/umsp/media-items.php': Read-only file system

Any help is greatly appreciated!
JmactheAttack
n00b

Postby zoster » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:19 pm

JmactheAttack wrote:First off, I do not see a /conf/umsp.php file.

Just create one.
zoster
WDLXTV Team

Postby pumo » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:51 am

Hi

I am trying to make own usmp channel for finnish tv broadcaster.
is there anyway to test umpsplugins in linux desktop or do I have to put those in wd and test with osd ?
pumo
n00b

Postby bagira » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:03 am

pumo wrote:Hi

I am trying to make own usmp channel for finnish tv broadcaster.
is there anyway to test umpsplugins in linux desktop or do I have to put those in wd and test with osd ?

Hi,
I created an umsp-test file, that is already on the svn. If you can chekout and use the wdlxtv-live repo you can try it, but if you cannot modify (or cannot find another solution (ex.unionfs)) the content of /usr/share/umsp directory, you have to wait for next firmware. With that you can develop/browse the umsp content with your web-browser, entering the following URL: http://YOUR-WD-IP/umsp/umsp-test.php
For more info read this thread.
bagira
Beta Tester

Postby pumo » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:07 am

thanks I will test it.
I am using newest ext3 version in my wd tv live. but because I am not coder my php coding is configure and try mode :lol:
so that why it would be easier test in desktop, even virtualbox etc would be great...
pumo
n00b

Postby Sahaniby » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:21 pm

hello i am new here i am from germany.

i enjoy learning to create .php USMP and editing.

i already did edit the Pronhub .php so that i can watch "Gay" Section. theres just "Latest" category on the site but that is good enough.

i wanted to edit the t8.com .php but then i realised they changed categories around and added descriptions, so stuff is not working. only categorie is "latest" but the files dont play.
T8.com .php is broken. maybe someone can fix it? please do include gay section :)

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Sahaniby
n00b

Postby paumlhp » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:39 am

I'm very frustrated, just can't see any of these folders you talking about. :( God, why you made me so noob?
paumlhp
WDTVer

Postby buchinho » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:50 am

On the first page of the thread you mentioned that you borrowed the code from the eminent forum.

b-rad.cc wrote:no i'm a merkan werewolf in canada :roll: :lol:

those are borrowed from the eminent em7075, a very cool NL device

Afaik, they offer support for the "ZDF Mediathek". See here: http://opensource.eminent-online.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=197&start=30

Is it possible to implement this in the WDLXTV own version?

There is even a HTML5 Version, which could be parsed easily: http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/hauptnavigation/startseite?flash=off
buchinho
n00b

Postby b-rad.cc » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:46 am

if its a php umsp plugin, then take their php files put them in the plugins dir and make a /conf/umsp.php file to manually load the plugin. If it works, then no reason it can't be added to the svn repo.
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

PreviousNext

Return to UMSP Media Server