Annoying UMSP DEMO Mode removal

Discussion, features, plugins--everything about zoster's UMSP UPnP Media Server software

Annoying UMSP DEMO Mode removal   

Postby eddy_2012 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:55 am

This Demo Mode is all over the screen, even when I play files from the Hard-disk. Why is that? I can disable the UMSP plugin, than it works but isn't there another way and I'm not referring to any donation. If a donation is the only way, I better go back to the original firmware as I don't see any benefit of WDLXTV. I hope I'm wrong and missed out something I haven't tried. Please your help.

With regards,
Eddy
eddy_2012
n00b

Re: Annoying UMSP DEMO Mode removal   

Postby mad_ady » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:38 am

Contact the plugin's creator/disable that UMSP plugin.

WDLXTV does not have a demo mode and does not beg for donations. UMSP plugins are separate from the firmware... Also, I believe DJArty is employing an app.bin to make that demo screen - you may need to disable that too.
Contact him directly - there may be a bug and this may not be the desired behavior.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby DJArty » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:58 pm

eddy_2012
1) just reboot your device.
2) demo nag screen appear on screen only if you use Filmsonline plugin from russian repository
3) you can use or not use this plugin, but if use must read info about it. If you read it so must know - need select "Exit" menu item in this plugins. Thats all you need to remove nag mess from screen.
4)infolinks presented in WEC UMSP plugins config tab. Plugins for russian speaking so info placed on russian wdtvforum. If need I can place info here but for who... (so very strange to see this question here)
5)No method (only daemon) to find out did your leave plugin or not. So need use Exit menu item. If use IPTV so I even create the daemon that looks for peoples who forget to exit normally from plugin.
6)Always read info about plugins you use.
WD TV Live (1.02.21-WDLXTV-0.4.7.3);
Please Donate PayPal to email: djartyua ( a t ) gmail (d o t) com
WebMoney: WMZ114867333413
DJArty
Developer

Postby eddy_2012 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:10 am

Ok thanks for the instruction and additional information. Its only a pity that a payment is required but on the other hand the offered movies on the Russian links are not that interesting. Beside this I prefer to have them in full HD plus 5+1 versions which the web can't offer yet. Indeed I will cancel those plugins from the list.

I do apologize as i don't have too much time to read everything thru but do enjoy this open source software as an user.

Regards,
Eddy
eddy_2012
n00b

Return to UMSP Media Server