demo version

Discussion, features, plugins--everything about zoster's UMSP UPnP Media Server software

demo version   

Postby barbrit » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:27 pm

I have looked all over for info on how to donate to get out of demo mode but i cant find any info on how to do this could someone please tell my the process or point me in the right direction thank you
barbrit
n00b

Re: demo version   

Postby recliq » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:36 pm

What demo mode/which plugin are you talking about?
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby barbrit » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:51 pm

in wdflix any video that works has the message demo mode donation+wdtv sn =full function mode. So far any video plugins ive tried has this message
barbrit
n00b

Postby recliq » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:15 pm

What about asking/contacting the author of that plugin?
WDflix is a plugin provided by a 3rd person and not integral part of WDLXTV.
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby barbrit » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:21 pm

OK thanks for pointing me in the proper direction
barbrit
n00b

Postby buttaa » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:57 pm

A while back I started getting demo version on a few of my plugins. I think that it was linked to coke & popcorn because once I donated everything cleared up. So you can try that out to see if it works.
buttaa
n00b

Postby recliq » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:06 am

Just my personal two cents:

I'm not very happy with addons/plugins which are not completely free like this project. WDLXTV has been and will be totaly for free and any donations to the project are absolutely voluntarily.
Some authors seem to try to make money with their work, which is ok, but as soon it starts to have impact on other parts of the system this starts to be a problem.
The users often don't realise that these nag screen where generated by a 3rd party plugin that was not closed 'the propper way' so they think it's a WDLXTV nag and we get a lot of messages complaining about nag screen I didn't even know about till that day.
That's a bit unfair because now we (who do everything for free already) have to explain that's not WDLXTV causing this, find the plugin resposible and tell the users to complain to the plugin author.
Please get rid of those nag screen, I'm perfectly fine with restricted functionality for plugins which require a 'donation' (imho this is not a donation but a payment) but nag screens are just evil, especially if they don't work correct and overlay other plugins/addons/system components!
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby KAD » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:38 pm

so my 2cents as well,

voluntary donations = ok
must pay to access a particular feature of a plugin = I don't like, but people still have a choice

but when the paid for access plugins start interfering with other WDLXTV features or plugins
I think the plugin should be removed from repo/forum, etc
until it no longer interferes with other plugins/features of WDLXTV

maybe, I'm too harsh, but still just my 2cents

@pluginAuthors,
if I may, please make sure your plugins do not interfere with or disable access to other WDLXTV plugins or features

Thank You,
<end Rant/>
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby noname » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:03 am

in wdflix any video that works has the message demo mode donation+wdtv sn =full function mode. So far any video plugins ive tried has this message

Developping plugins is a quite ungrateful work but I have never asked or received any donation. The message must came from the servers that host the videos or maybe some kind of plugin hack. Please, report more details so I can reproduce the message.
noname
Developer

Postby KAD » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:23 pm

If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Next

Return to UMSP Media Server