Can't start UMSP server?

Discussion, features, plugins--everything about zoster's UMSP UPnP Media Server software

Can't start UMSP server?   

Postby eddy_2012 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:08 am

I already put a question up in another thread but actually it should belong here. I can't see the UMSP's on my WDLXTV media player, GEN 2. I upgraded for the first time to 1.05.04_V which was successful. I managed to change the OSD, background and added the moviesheets. The only thing what doesn't work is the additional services via UMSP. I have enabled on WEC the server as well the Apache Deamon. At Webend I see the running Built-in Deamon's but the UMSP is not listed which I believe it should if it was activated. I have enabled using the Telnet commands, what can I do more? What is missing here or what am I doing wrong?

Your help and advise is very appreciated.

Ed
eddy_2012
n00b

Re: Can't start UMSP server?   

Postby KAD » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:18 am

UMSP is not included in the based G2 firmware because it does not have any network capabilities

for G2 you can use this http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2107
to add UMSP
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby eddy_2012 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:42 pm

Oops I see I made an mistake after you mentioned the network capabilities. I have an WD live GEN 1, GEN 2 doesn't even exist for this player. Sorry for the mistake.

Regards,
Ed
eddy_2012
n00b

Postby KAD » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:06 pm

the gen 1 does not have a webend which you mention, so you don't have a gen 1
maybe you should check the wiki and confirm which model you have

also the first thing to look, since your version does have a web front end
is review the bug report on the webend and look for clues about what is happening with UMSP
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby mad_ady » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:26 am

Gen1 doesn't have DLNA support, so no UMSP for it. There is some rudimentary DLNA support offered through djmount..

I think the confusion is that Eddy calls the WDTV Live - Gen1 (as opposed to the Live Plus - which is Gen2, or Live Streaming - which is Gen3), while we call the Gen1 - Gen1 :D
mad_ady
Developer

Postby eddy_2012 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:26 am

Ok what I have is the WD Live (WDBAAP0000NBK) not plus. Vian another thread I was told that the service can be found under the Server menu. I just haven't found this reference until I was told. All is working fine now.

Regards, Ed
eddy_2012
n00b

Return to UMSP Media Server