[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Plugin: YouTube Subscriptions + new subscription videos

Plugin: YouTube Subscriptions + new subscription videos

Discussion, features, plugins--everything about zoster's UMSP UPnP Media Server software

Re: Plugin: YouTube Subscriptions + new subscription videos   

Postby kharma » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:32 pm

Well my point with seeing the cache file is that at this point, theres little or nothing to work with in the original script, and I already traced back most of the calls it makes to youtube, so figuring out WHAT it's pulling down isn't hard, at this point, if I knew the format it is supposed to be in inside the .cache file it is only a matter of taking the feeds (which I know) and parsing them into a format (which I don't).

Redoing the whole script would be easier than fixing the original.

Especially since nobody either a) is willing to tell us what the format of a UMSP plugin "cache" is supposed to look like (i.e. what is it WDLX is looking for to populate a video list) and b) the author has abandoned the script.

At this point we know a source, we just need to know what kind of container to put it in to make it work Which is where a working .cache file comes in.

/edit

If anyone who has this working wants to provide a copy of their .cache file it is /tmp/youtube-subscriptions.cache

And I don't THINK (but again I don't know, this is just based on reading what the script says) it contains anything personal/account related other than a list of videos. So as long as no donkeys or asians are harmed in the course of your youtube viewing you are probably pretty safe posting it. ;)
Last edited by kharma on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kharma
n00b

Postby kharma » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:34 pm

That being said btw, I SINCERELY hope the boxee (which is out for delivery! woot!) isn't locked down by default and is hackable. I do like to tinker with my toys. :)
kharma
n00b

Postby b-rad.cc » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:45 pm

None of the plugins I've looked at & modified had a cache file.
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby mad_ady » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:11 am

mad_ady
Developer

Postby b-rad.cc » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:20 am

when you want svn rights to commit this (or anything else) lemme know. ;)
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby mad_ady » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:27 am

mad_ady
Developer

Postby mad_ady » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:38 am

mad_ady
Developer

Postby mad_ady » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:23 am

Ok - I've played with the videos and everything is nice and dandy, but all the clips are high quality (720p) and my network connection is chocking under the strain. I will look into the API to see how to request variable resolution clips. I'm very happy with 480p on my old-school TV :) Stay tuned...
mad_ady
Developer

Postby mad_ady » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:37 am

mad_ady
Developer

Postby biomedica » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:06 pm

Great job mad_ady. I would like to ask you if you know how to increase the number of videos being loaded per channel subscribed. Right now, on my box I can only get 20 videos per channel and I would like to increase that number. Also, is your box updating the videos without having to restart the box?
biomedica
DLX'er

PreviousNext

Return to UMSP Media Server