[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Plugin: YouTube Subscriptions + new subscription videos

Plugin: YouTube Subscriptions + new subscription videos

Discussion, features, plugins--everything about zoster's UMSP UPnP Media Server software

Re: Plugin: YouTube Subscriptions + new subscription videos   

Postby dan » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:20 pm

I've just checked with the latest firmware. Since all the changes, the plugin is not compatible anymore. It needs some tweaking for the new environment.

I don't see much sense in commenting the code. Its just too simple. There are only 3 files with some lines of code each.
dan
Developer

Postby balthazar » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:21 pm

It dawns on me that my dealings with a couple other people here are probably causing me to be a bit more...aggitated than is warranted.

Sorry, just so far all I've ever gotten on this forum are PM's from people saying what amounts to "if you can't rewrite the plugin, shut up and dont use it".
balthazar
n00b

Postby dan » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:22 pm

dan
Developer

Postby dan » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:29 pm

dan
Developer

Postby balthazar » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:55 pm

Which incompatibilities? If it's something I can knock out I will. I just have never done a UMSP plugin so I'm not sure what it's looking for.
balthazar
n00b

Postby balthazar » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:56 pm

balthazar
n00b

Postby balthazar » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:02 pm

btw I noticed you put quotes around "bad" but I just re-read this thread and the only thing I said was logging and comments were a joke. I never said the code was bad.

And you know, for pretty much my entire time writing things in PHP pretty much everyone has always said the same thing "if you want to put code out there and have people try to update it themselves rather than come pester you everytime something breaks, comment comment comment."

No, these are not exactly pentagon encryptions algorithms or NASA rover OS, but as someone looking at your code NOT being the one that wrote it I have to go line by line tracing things through three different PHP files and multiple hundreds of lines of code trying to recreate what exactly is supposed to be in the .cache file.

With some simple commenting "call helper script to parse feed info and place it into .cache file in format: x:y:z" I can spend more of my time figuring out where it breaks down and less trying to figure out what it's doing in the first place.

And again my point was: If this doesn't work...why is it included?
Last edited by balthazar on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balthazar
n00b

Postby dan » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:02 pm

go and donate b-rad some bucks for his amazing work and I will look into this.
dan
Developer

Postby dan » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:08 pm

dan
Developer

Postby balthazar » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:10 pm

balthazar
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to UMSP Media Server