Youtube Subscriptions Add-on

Discussion, features, plugins--everything about zoster's UMSP UPnP Media Server software

Youtube Subscriptions Add-on   

Postby biomedica » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:40 am

I believe this is feasible but I am just not completely sure how to do it. Let's say sometimes we have search terms that we use on a regular basis in order to monitor video uploads. Is it possible to include an option where we could just click on it and it would retrieve any videos that were uploaded to Youtube matching that search term?

For example let's suppose we could have an item that would do the following:

Search for any videos that have the following tag "Adele" and were uploaded today;

This would be great since it would avoid having to type every time we want to search a common term and also would add the possibility of limiting our search in terms of upload date.

Let me know if you like the idea. I might have to spend some time looking at the code in order to see if this would be possible.

Thanks
biomedica
DLX'er

Re: Youtube Subscriptions Add-on   

Postby mad_ady » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:44 pm

You could try to add a "canned search" feature in youtube-subscriptions. It already has a live search function (in youtube-subscriptions-live.php) that searches for something, but I didn't implement any filters for "posted in this time interval". I guess we could add them if the youtube api supports it...
mad_ady
Developer

Return to UMSP Media Server