Hulu Free content plugin

Discussion, features, plugins--everything about zoster's UMSP UPnP Media Server software

Re: Hulu Free content plugin   

Postby KAD » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:54 pm

:D , at least it's coming through now, I haven't tried to many online streams myself, but the hulu rss feeds I added are stable able

the key is the profiles.xml

if it's only audio you're having an issue with
I'd remove the
Code: Select all
aBitrate="384"

so that it leave the audio bitrate as original

actually, I didn't even notice till now that I had that listed, I'll probably remove it as well

KAD
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby elj4176 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:56 pm

I removed the abitrate parameter and changed the codec to mp3 and the hulu streams work for me now. I didn't test any of the other ones yet because the feeds take so long to load.
elj4176
Donor

Postby zepperdude » Fri May 04, 2012 6:47 pm

I setup according to your example and all I see is : "There is no media in your current folder"
I even added a couple more Hulu TV Shows to Serviio - same result. Hulu does work on the PC that is running Serviio.
Any ideas?
zepperdude
n00b

Postby KAD » Sat May 05, 2012 9:06 am

look at the serviio logs to make sure that
1. serviio is able to open the stream
2. that serviio is using ffmpeg to transcode

KAD
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

UPDATE? Re: Hulu Free content plugin   

Postby miss red » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:47 am

Hello all, joining the party a little late as a n00b. Trying to decide whether to install this hack or not, as all I really want is to get hulu free content. This topic addresses my main question - how to get hulu free content on my WDTVLIVE+ from 2010.... sounds like it was not available back in Mar 2012 but am wondering has there been any movement on this issue? I am still going down "hulu" search results to see if I can uncover, but meanwhile this looked like the place to post the follow up question.
My current firmware was just upgraded to to the official 1.06.42 and I do not have the hack installed since I wasnt sure it would address my very limited need.
Thank you all so much in advance.
miss red
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:18 pm

There is no plugin nor any plans to add support for Hulu Free. Does Hulu in the official firmware require a paid subscription?
mad_ady
Developer

Postby miss red » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:40 am

mad_ady wrote:There is no plugin nor any plans to add support for Hulu Free. Does Hulu in the official firmware require a paid subscription?

Thanks for replying!
Yes, it is Hulu Plus. Strangely the programs I want to watch (back episodes of Bleach) dont seem to be available on Plus -- just the free version. May be that since I dont subscribe to PLus I couldnt see them in the search results.
miss red
n00b

Previous

Return to UMSP Media Server